Good sniper play or ???

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

Good sniper play or ???

Postby Col. Communicator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:09 am

Well folks here is my first recorded demo and it was regarding this player that seems to show up at late night when I'm on. He seemed to make miraculously fast kills with sniper and I was curious as to how he did this(mostly because I suck with sniper rifle...LOL) and I was trying to learn. I'm not sure how this demo thing works yet so if this is a normal kill please let me know .
# 88 "static" STEAM_0:1:4271542 08:36
watch whole demo but if you slow it at tick 10890 you'll see crosshair not even close to target, target flinch and kill was recorded. He seems to wave the rifle by his target and kill is recorded. Go to tick 12400 and start demo and slow it down it was even more obvious. Again not sure how recordings work when you slow it down but crosshair is not even close to target and kill is recorded. He did this the other day as well but left before I could record demo. Just learned how today. Thanks

Pss... not sure if this proper way to post something like this so someone please let me know.
Attachments
static2.dem
(5.97 MiB) Downloaded 267 times
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Re: Good sniper play or ???

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 am

I haven't seen the demo yet but I'll have a look when I get home. When you are a sniper, a fast way to get a kill instead of scoping in, aiming and shooting is to have the target roughly in the center of your screen and "quick switching". After lots and lots of practise, this can be mastered so it looks like from other people's view that you are scoping in and killing extremely quickly. Another factor that makes it seem that he might be using a hack is lag. I have a high ping because I'm in Australia so whenever I use a sniper and quick switch, it seems as if I am killing an enemy a few seconds after they were in the spot that I shot them from. I'm not sure if this is the case with this guy but I will take a look when get back home (currently on iPad).
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Pfc.Hunter_Dreams » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 am

I have seen the demo and i think he is only a good sniper. If he was cheating he would not have misfired anytime. In my opinion he is only a great sniper. Sometimes, the best way to kiil with a sniper and not being killed is to be very fast instead of being not able to hit the enemy. It's better two or three bullets than die. Besides that, the best advices I can give you are the same xXHeAdShOtXx has given you.
Pfc.Hunter_Dreams
SRRP Enlisted Personnel

Postby Col. Communicator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

thanks guys. That's why I put it on here to see if this was normal or not. My laptop has integrated graphics as well so not sure if that played into it too.
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Col. Communicator » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 am

Okay guys, here's another demo from "Static". Slow it down to 4.8% at the 26 second mark and you'll see cross hair is a good distance away from the target and the target is struck and kill is logged. Could this be PC lag on my part? I've seen many good snipers on this server but no one seems to hit targets like this. I had this demo the first time but couldn't find it until now. Thanks,
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 am

There is no demo uploaded.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Add me on Steam @

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col. Communicator » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 am

Oops, sorry. Here it is.
Attachments
static.dem
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 238 times
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 am

You're right, I set it to 2.4% and played it from tick 1860. His scope was no where near the guy when the kill was recorded. This might be aimbot but unless he had consecutive kills like this it was probably lag. This happens to me sometimes as well because I lag a tiny bit. I will shoot someone and they will die a few seconds after the place that I shot them from. If other people think that it's hacks then I say a ban would be fine.

Add me on Steam @

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Return to Bans & Appeals