why the fuck was i banned -- love, psycho

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

why the fuck was i banned -- love, psycho

Postby Psycho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 am

Psycho
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SHTF/
Racism, ostensibly
Unknow, presumed Communicator
I didn't say anything racist[/list]

Frankly, I don't know how to format the entire appeal, so I'm writing under all the bolded stuff because that seems to make the most sense. I was using an MG42 in the Allied spawn and all I heard over the voice chat was something to the effect of, "you're getting banned for being a racist 'd-bag', have a nice life", and then I was banned. I wasn't speaking or typing or doing anything at all at the time of this ban so I seriously don't see how I could have been banned for racism. Prior to this I was cursing over the microphone, but not enough that the admins present thought it could be considered mic spam, and referred to one of the allied players as a "filthy Bolshevik swine", but I'm really quite perplexed as to why I was banned.
Psycho

Re: why the fuck was i banned -- love, psycho

Postby Psycho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 am

One quick note, it was not Communicator who banned me, but rather a drunken WhatButton.
Psycho

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 am

Here's a free tip, profanity in your post, let alone the title, is not going to get you any sympathy.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 am

Anyone who reads this ban appeal, please look at this as well:

http://srrp.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1131#p5465
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col. Communicator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

I was on the server at the time. He accused Gen Whatbutton of being intoxed. This was after he continually made racist remarks and was warned many times by Whatbutton regarding racism of any kind on our server. I believe he was kicked first and then when he returned and again accused Whatbutton of being intoxed and started his rant he was banned,
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:10 am

"why the fuck was i banned -- love, psycho"

Right... You swear but then put love at the end. You don't gain any respect from anyone by doing that.
Col.Hydra

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Psycho, the only way you will get unbanned is with Whatbutton's blessings.
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Postby Psycho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm

M/Sgt Communicator wrote:I was on the server at the time. He accused Gen Whatbutton of being intoxed. This was after he continually made racist remarks and was warned many times by Whatbutton regarding racism of any kind on our server. I believe he was kicked first and then when he returned and again accused Whatbutton of being intoxed and started his rant he was banned,

Either you're both mistaken or are lying. I know this statement isn't going to gain me any more love from all of you, but it's the truth: I wasn't warned at all regarding racist comments (I made none). Furthermore, I was kicked because there was confusion over teamkills between me and a certain "Jager": I had mistaken him for an allied player while using an MG42, and then he shot me with an STG intentionally, and at the end of it I was kicked, even though I complied with server rules and apologized on both counts of teamkilling. The ban came from absolutely nowhere, at a later point in the night. I did not rant about any bans prior to the perma, and I made no accusations of WhatButton being drunk on the server, I only discovered he was drunk upon visiting the server. I apologize for using foul language, but you've got to understand how frustrating it is to not only be banned for nothing, but then for Communicator and WhatButton to either have lied about the circumstances regarding my ban, or to have been too intoxicated to tell the difference. Also, WhatButton admitted to being intoxicated in his forum report on banning me. I'll link you to a screenshot, I think this might help clear things up. The only thing I was warned for was foul language, and even then, I was informed that it would only result in a ban if it was excessive to the point of spam.

Again, in all seriousness, I'd like to stress that I said absolutely nothing that was racist. And lastly, frankly, it shouldn't matter that I used bad words on an internet forum, the point is that I did not break any rules in the first place.

Here is the screenshot in question proving that WhatButton was drunk:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/banappeal.png

I have no solid way of proving that Communicator is lying or mistaken, but I hope that by being more compliant with the forum standards, you'll all listen to me more closely.
Last edited by Psycho on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psycho

Postby Psycho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 pm

A final note: The ban was about 15 minutes after the Ukrainian fellow, a certain "Vintorez", made any comments about my statements. He stated that my understanding of history was something reminiscent of a kindergartner, but never accused me of racism as far as I remember.
Psycho

Postby Lt.Col.DaV3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I think we should give him another chance. when he misbehaves again he will be perm banned and stay it.
Lt.Col.DaV3
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to Bans & Appeals