request an unban

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

request an unban

Postby Nowaydude That was Bullshit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Name Nowaydude That was Bullshit
Steam ID steam_0:1:1858797
Reason you were banned I have no Idea?
Name of admin who banned you ?
Why you think this is unjustified[/list] I have No Idea why I was Banned? OK! Thanks MIke
Nowaydude That was Bullshit

Re: request an unban

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:37 pm

If you refused to change your name you would have been banned. It will stick if your name contains profanity and will not be removed until your in game name does not break our rules.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Nowaydude That was Bullshit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

I didn't know that's why I was banned,did anyone tell me? I didn't know that was a rule. Sorry!! How about just Nowaydude ?

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 am

It's a little more complicated Kitty...

To start with, you offended the server rules multiple times.

First of all you've been told to change your name at our server for many, many times by several admins. And you disobeyed every time (Admin disrespect).

Secondly you've been caught while cheating, which as you know isn't allowed either...
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 am

Col.Brandon_ha wrote:If you refused to change your name you would have been banned. It will stick if your name contains profanity and will not be removed until your in game name does not break our rules.

According to rule 6 mentioned here: http://srrp.us/faqs/srrp-server-info-rules, a public player is allowed to display profanity but not allowed to direct it at others. So technically speakling, his name does not offend anyone therefore it should not be considered a reason to ban him.

Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Nowaydude That was Bullshit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 am

I probably didn't hear any one say change your name,I don't wear my head phones all the time. And for cheating, I think your mistaken,I can barley turn on my computer let alone cheat. I don't cheat!!!! Thanks Lt.Col.xXHeAdShOtXx (RO) Mike

Postby Lt.Gen.whatbutton » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

headshot is correct about the name but wolf just told me that you can be banned for not changing your name when asked.
Lt.Gen.whatbutton
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Werewolf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 pm

I banned this guy. I asked him dozens of times to remove the profanity from his name. My view is that a name with profanity is generally disrespectful and has the potential to incite disturbance. We try to keep disrespect of out the game, and names are included.
General Werewolf
Gen.Werewolf
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 am

WhatButton wrote:headshot is correct about the name but wolf just told me that you can be banned for not changing your name when asked.

Yes, like I said above => Admin disrespect..
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col. Communicator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Just a quick question regarding the nature of this post and not related to the subject. I have changed 2 names this past week that were offensive and after not getting a response from the player. I asked them nicely verbally ( I have a bad mic) and I also by correspondence(chat). After I did manually change their names they continued playing and nothing was mentioned from them at all either time. Is this ok to do? One name was "Adolf Hitler" and the other was considered vulgar. The players seemed to play by the rules and weren't being jerks either. Thanks for the input.
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to Bans & Appeals