Banned with no reason

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

Banned with no reason

Postby S R » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Sharktopus
STEAM_0:0:9984046
Bad videocard config?
NamelessHobo

[SRRP]1stLt.NamelessHobo accused me of hacking (through video card settings) and banned me (my second account, sharktopus) for no reason. I play default and don't understand why he banned me. Yeah I know, cause I killed him several times and he started accusing me of hacking.

This is what I call "admin abuse".

PS: playing for months in this server and suddenly NamelessHobo thinks there is something wrong with my videocard... this is so stupid and that guy a bad admin.
Last edited by S R on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S R

Re: Banned with no reason

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

There was NO accusation of of hacking whatsoever. I stated that I watched you take an entire magazine while stationary, only to take 2 shots and kill the opposing player. I then tested this theory myself, finding that all three times I emptied a magazine at your stationary model, nothing happened. I asked you to double check your console settings as something probably is misconfigured as to cause this. Another player threw (kkool, also received a 1 hour ban for being argumentative ever after being advised by other players that he was not being addressed) out the word hacking to which I stated that is NOT what this is or at all what I'm saying. I pointed out the difference between hacking (hooking the video driver as to alter perception of the game and insert tools to take advantage of that altered perception) and a misconfigured game (console settings, game settings not proper for one's internet connection. I told you to check your settings, fix them if necessary. Moments later I was able to kill 2 players with the requisite number of shots to test that it was not my connection. You then stated I was accusing you of hacking, I again stated that is not the case, but you argued still.

The ban is temporary. 1 hour if memory serves. The ban is not for any form of cheating; you were never at any point accused of hacking. You were told the behavior of your model was off, possibly caused by wrong settings in-game. These console settings may or may not be intentional. You were merely asked to (told to really, but mute point) check/change your settings should they be misonfigured.

On every server I have every played on, arguing with admins and putting words in their mouths is never a good idea even if you are in the right, which in your case I honestly do hope the issue is merely packet loss in your connection and nothing more. Had I even suspected for a moment that you were intentionally cheating in any way, you would have had no warning, I would have recorded a demo, shared it with a general, and the matter would not have been open for debate one way or the other.
Last edited by Maj.Nameless Hobo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby S R » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm

You told me something about recording demo and share it? Maybe you have to think my english skills are not as good as yours and you could type it to me in general in-game chat. I have no problem to do what you need if I can understand what you want to tell me.

I then tested this theory myself

Did you record a demo about this? Or admin perception is enough to ban me?

fix them if necessary

Fix what? I have uploaded my config if you want to check it.

I have no problem with recording a demo with my main account (EM|S|R) or the 2nd one (Sharktopus). Which do you need?
Attachments
config.rar
Sharktopus' config
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
S R

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 pm

The ban will expire in less than 30 minutes. I consider the point mute as the config file does not contain some of the relevant cvars. I advise you to:

1) Follow the proper appeal format outlined in this section of the forum in the future
2) Address matters truthfully without putting words in another's mouth or stating an admin spoke words which they did not
3) Just make sure you don't have something misconfigured on purpose. If the problem was simply packet loss, that's all well any good.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby S R » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

putting words in another's mouth

Cheating (from Wikipedia)

It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation

Now read your #1 message, please. I think you accused me of cheating without using that word.

If you can't find what's bad with my config I don't know how I can help myself to don't get another ban.
Last edited by S R on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S R

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 pm

S R wrote:You told me something about recording demo and share it?

i was there and nameless didnt say anything about a demo, thats was kkool (or whatever his name was). and for the other matter nameless told you to check you setting cus there maybe something wrong with them, but instead you begun to bitch about it. as for your config file, i dont trust it as you can delete the commands in it before uploading it..

but all this dosent matter anymore as the ban was only 1 hour

kind regards Col.Cannafix
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

The word you used was 'hacking.' To state I said it is lying. The ban will expire in less than 15 minutes. You were not banned for any form of cheating or hacking or any such thing. You were banned for being insulting, argumentative, and disrespectful, and temporarily at that.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby S R » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Playing in your server for months and suddenly I have a problem in my config, I begun to bitch about it and I am disrespectful with admins. Then why only 1 hour ban? I think because there was no reason to ban me and you only wanted to show me your admin powers.

The ban has expired but now I prefer to watch TV meanwhile I look for my magic commands for cheat, hack or whatever I am doing.
S R

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 pm

So how much admin disrespect do we put up with before we just perm ban this argumentative and ignorant individual?
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 am

I'm thinking on sight if there's so much as a twitch at this point.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Next

Return to Bans & Appeals