sharp

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

sharp

Postby Lt.Gen.whatbutton » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 am

chet perma'ed him for tking, im too inebriated to make a judgemnet call but i think it is a bit extreem. 9:40ish PST(washington state time) maybe lower to a week?
# 480 "sharp114947" STEAM_0:0:20272757 03:43 58 0 active

"(Voice) totor: I need backup!
[SM] [SRRP]Capt.ChetHoppens: Permanently banned player "sharp114947" (reason: Team killing).
Player sharp114947 left t"
Lt.Gen.whatbutton
SRRP Officer

Re: sharp

Postby Col.ChetHoppens » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 am

I only perma'd because he was just walking up to people and shooting them in the head. Blatant.

I usually do a warning (if it could have been an accident) and if they still shirk the warning, then give a short-term ban.
Last edited by Col.ChetHoppens on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Documentary version; http://youtu.be/FxPeHqH4XxI
Hollywood version; http://youtu.be/LzKr_uP6lAg
Col.ChetHoppens
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 am

I only perm ban intentional TKers that I know are repeat offenders or have been banned in the past. Otherwise, it's just a day up to a week.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.ChetHoppens » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 am

Brig.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx wrote:I only perm ban intentional TKers that I know are repeat offenders or have been banned in the past. Otherwise, it's just a day up to a week.

This guy shot me in the back, so I turned around (coming out of spawn, thought maybe it was enemy on roof) then he shoots me dead in the face. As I'm bringing up admin menu (for a kick), he kills 2 more teammates in the same fashion and banned him instead of kick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Documentary version; http://youtu.be/FxPeHqH4XxI
Hollywood version; http://youtu.be/LzKr_uP6lAg
Col.ChetHoppens
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 am

A perm for tking is almost always too harsh; its usually reserved for hacking and racism alone. Only on rare occasions have I ever seen, or handed out a perm for tking. I have done it, and have seen it done by other admins on the server, if you think it was deserved Chet, I'm inclined to believe you; but perhaps it should be lowered to a temporary ban?

I know I have let my emotions get the better of me before with tkers, and that permanent button is just so tempting, but it's not really a fair punishment for the average tking player.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:18 pm

We'll wait and if the person actually comes here and fills out a ban appeal, then we'll lower it to a week long ban.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

When in doubt.....perm ban. They can always post an appeal if they want to play on server.
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col. Communicator » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:40 am

GOA.ConnorMacManus wrote:We'll wait and if the person actually comes here and fills out a ban appeal, then we'll lower it to a week long ban.

Hopefully what we'll have here is "Failure to Communicate" and he won't ask for an appeal. LOLOL
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Return to Bans & Appeals