Derpaherpa - Twice now for random TK...

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

Derpaherpa - Twice now for random TK...

Postby derpaherpa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Name : Derpaherpa
Steam ID : 0:0:16746012
Reason you were banned : Team killing
Name of admin who banned you : Did not say, also no SRRP members were visible in server, player that was accidentally TK'd was 'NUKED' with a bunch of crazy symbols and letters.
Why you think this is unjustified : Oh boy, heh.

First question - What constitutes TKing? Is it one time you kill a team member it's BOOM BAM KICK/BAN?
Second question - Do the officers expect every single person on the server to stop after every accidental TK (dead nade/random rocket) to say sorry IMMEDIATELY after?
Third question - Why are SRRP members not held to the same rule?

Ok, so 3 times total now I have been banned for TKing. One time I that this happened to me it was because a team mate was afk with the sniper class and had been for about 10 minutes. I currently needed a sniper rifle to get rid of a tower camper, so I TK'd once in order to get a free rifle. Not my finest moment, but I was not making a habit of it, and it didn't effect the other person's game play. I can understand the validity of this ban and do not challenge it since I am admitting it was intentional, I was just really frustrated. Not an excuse, just an explanation. However, I am now talking about 2 OTHER occasions when the TK was NOT intentional. It was the exact same issue both times, an explosion (dead nade/someone walking into rocket fire). Both times I didn't apologize because I was currently under attack by someone else, and didn't feel the need to die or lose the game because of an obvious accident. Also ALL THREE times the admin who kicked did not mention the fact that a TK had occured, did not confront or warn, he simply kicked. I conronted 'Joe' about the one time with the sniper rifle, which I aknowledge was an intentional TK, but it was still the first TK, accidental or on purpose, for my entire time on the server that day. There was ANOTHER person who was TKing and was NOT kicked, which I find hilarious.

I understand that with all the hackers and people that come in just to TK, it can be hard to differentiate between an intentional TKer and an accidental TKer, but seriously, I didn't even have a chance to explain myself for the two accidental times. As I look down the board, some people have had the same experience. Whether some people say 'yeah you TK'd a lot' or 'we never do that'. I am here to say it has happened 3 times now. 1 TK BOOM KICK.

Also this most recent time there was not even an SRRP member in the server, so I am wondering who did the kicking, or if it was someone sitting in console.

I may not have the best reputation on the server, but I try to never ever TK even in revenge, per server rules. The one time I admit to above is the exception, not my rule.

Chances are my current ban is temporary, don't know how long, but I would like to point out for the ranking officers that yes, people are getting kicked for one single occurrence of TKing. If I was kicked to make room for someone else on the server, well then use that option rather than accusing someone of being a TKer.

My final point is that I have been TK'd by SRRP members on MANY occasions and they have not apologized, and I said 'no big whoop, it was an accident' or even out loud in my house 'AH WTF WHAT A MORON DUDE COME ON' but I never accused them of doing it on purpose. If the policy is for each and every single TK to be apologized for, why are SRRP members not held to the same standard? 'TEYH R DA SRRP MEMBRZ SO TEYH R ALOUD 2 DO DAT.' The best way to lead is by example, if you want people on your server to be polite and courteous, might be best to try it out. Not saying any member of SRRP has been discourteous, but if you expect people on your server to sacrifice their stats for manners, couldn't you do the same?
Last edited by derpaherpa on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
derpaherpa

Re: Derpaherpa - Twice now for random TK...

Postby derpaherpa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Side note, it has been 20 minutes since I was kicked/banned, and I cannot get into the server. I was rank 36 when I last was on the server (just before kicked). I doubt a habitual TKer could climb that high in the ranks, especially with such a strict policy on TKing and being banned for it. Further evidence that a) I do not make a habit of team killing b) play often enough that that behavior would be noticed.
derpaherpa

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Cow, instead of banning people you could just kick them if they don't apologize and then if they rejoin and still not obey, maybe then a ban is appropriate.
SRRP General

Postby Coke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 pm

derpaherpa wrote:Name : Derpaherpa

First question - What constitutes TKing? Is it one time you kill a team member it's BOOM BAM KICK/BAN?
Second question - Do the officers expect every single person on the server to stop after every accidental TK (dead nade/random rocket) to say sorry IMMEDIATELY after?
Third question - Why are SRRP members not held to the same rule?

I'm not "In the office" anymore, but I can answer these questions

1. Team killing is the act of killing your teammates.

There are 3 types of Team killing
Intentional - The act of team killing with the sole purpose of harming your teammates
Revenge - The act of team killing in retaliation for a previous Team kill
Accidental - The act of team killing that was not on purpose; This form is required to be accompanied by an apology afterwards.

2. Regarding Apologies
As mentioned above, it is mandatory for all accidental team kills to be accompanied by an apology. We do not expect you to ignore battle and apologize, but within a reasonable time limit. Try your best to get to cover to issue an apology, or if you have to, wait for your next death. However, if you show no signs of apology, then administrators may take action against you.

3. Holding SRRP members responsible for their actions

If you have an issue with any SRRP member, feel free to report them on the Bans and Appeals Section of the forum. However, their abuse and misbehavior is not an invitation or a reason for you to commit an act that violates our rules. Two wrongs do not make a right; Because you see others doing it, it does not necessarily mean it is the correct thing to do.

I hope I have made those 3 issues clearer to you.

Thanks,
Coke

Postby derpaherpa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Just to note, I know fully what TKing entails, it was rhetorical for the purpose of my appeal/reporting of the problem. As in why a first offense, or even one single act, gets you a 1 hour ban instead of the admin saying or typing 'derpaherpa, apologize for that TK, and each accidental TK'. Instead of just going 'oop nope bam lol this button is fun'. Heck even kicking as a warning would be more fair.

As for my comments about SRRP infractions, it was more about demonstration of conduct. I've added most of the admins I have seen, but most of the time it's the late night SRRP members (not admins) breaking the rules. The 3 AM EST - 6 AM EST people. And nothing can be done really about them, I know.

Can someone just hand out a memo saying 'first random TK without apology = warning, second = kick, third = appropriate ban'. You guys have a lot of admins, and the rules leave a lot of play for people randomly handing out arbitrary bans, like has happened to me twice now.
derpaherpa

Postby Coke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Swamp Rat's Rat Pack has an instructional guide and memo regarding the use of admin powers.

I apologize on behalf of SRRP that you were banned so suddenly; I am sure the Generals will remind our admins.

You are right about the late night rule breakers; It is hard to catch them. If you have any more reports or issues, feel free to post here.

Thanks!
Coke

Return to Bans & Appeals