Ban Appeal for Junior

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

Ban Appeal for Junior

Postby hambooga » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 am

His Name Junior (Also known as junie or junni)
Steam ID STEAM_0:1:18545932 (Steam profile)
Reason why he was banned Hacking (Wallhacks/Vision Assistance)
Name of admin who banned him Gen. ConnorMacManus
Why you think this is unjustified
I believe this is unjustified because he's simply just not cheating, he's just pretty good. Junior is a good friend and a great player, I've known him for quite a while. He's said he's been playing in DOD:S for quite a bit for a few years, since 2009. He also told me he took a break from DOD:S for a few years then came back in 2012 and started playing SRRP. He's never been the worst or the best player, and he definitely is not cheating. He's just been improving for the past few years, and instead of embracing the fact that he has been improving significantly you guys just decide to ban him for cheating. Which is actually quite saddening because admins in DOD:S are infamous for banning good players just for being good, without any proof or any admins with any actual skill and experience to back up the evidence. You guys are just reinforcing the fact that admins in DOD:S are horrible and you guys are just killing your own server by banning decent players. The significant levels of incompetence and ignorance plaguing admins in this game is just plain disgusting, and giving this community a bad name. It's sad to see such a once thriving community fall apart by horrible admins and servers. This ban is extremely unjustified and wrong in every way, he isn't cheating. Why can't anybody accept the fact that players are just BETTER? Skill isn't cheating by the way. This is the 3rd time an appeal has been made, and the first 2 lack a proper response.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that you guys uploaded a video of one of your members using chams or custom textures to give himself an advantage over others.
Last edited by hambooga on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
hambooga

Re: Ban Appeal for Junior

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 am

Hello, thanks for posting your appeal.

First off, In a ban appeal I wouldn't include an attack on admins, he should also post his own appeal. If he's banned ( especially by a high general such as Connor ) it was likely justified.

Thanks again for your appeal, Gen Hannibal should respond soon with a definite answer.

*EDIT*

With just a bit of digging, here's another appeal of his made by a friend.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3653

And his original, in which he never responded to. ( He also edited out much of what he originally stated )
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3622&p=20025&hilit=junior#p20025

As Gen. Hannibal said, let him post his own appeal.

If you read it, there was also disrespect directed towards members. Your friend had also said he'd send Connor a letter of apology and see where it takes him. I'm guessing from your ban appeal for your friend ( and the one before yours from another friend of his ), he either didn't send that message or it was denied.

Thanks,
Greenwood.
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Heartfelt

Sent: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:24 pm
To: Gen.ConnorMacManus

It’s not that I don’t apologize.

Admitting when you’re wrong is hard but I always do it when I believe I’m wrong.

It’s that the way I apologize doesn’t get received as being sincere.

I’m working on getting better at apologizing and this is what I’ve learned so far.

I’m sorry I spoke harshly. I’m so sorry for that. I was wrong to speak in that tone.

I shouldn’t have reacted like that. Please tell me what I can do to make it up to you.

I lost my temper and I know that’s not right. I don’t want to repeat this.

Will you please forgive me?
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:41 pm

6 months ago, I don't remember my reasons for ignoring this. I would have saw it almost right away I did and still do check the website at least once a day. However it is no longer up to me. Wait for the active senior generals to rule on this. and let your friend post his own appeals.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Connor -
I have sent you private messages - did you receive them?
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Matt Damon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 pm

To reiterate what Greenwood said as I typed this out and realized he beat me to it:

Trying to get Jr. unbanned again, eh? See one here And another one here

There was also one a few months ago that I was brought into by a message from one of Jr.'s friends on steam. I thought there was a forum thread on it as well but it may have been deleted as I can not find it. I told him the same thing everyone else has: It is best if Jr. himself appeals a ban and if he contacts anyone it should be the admin who banned him.

All of this said, given our current situation in the clan of minimal player base and the fact Connor has since "retired" from staff. I would be okay with an unban (although I am annoyed by the repeated appeals). Jr. would be on a short leash and if he acts up or cheats it would be a quick and easy ban, no second chances.

Just my thoughts. It is up to a general, I wish I could find the most recent thread because Connor replied to that with his reason for not unbanning Jr.
Maj.Matt Damon
SRRP Officer

Postby hambooga » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 pm

We are making these appeals for Junior because he has already tried making his own and never got a response. He even tried to write a heartfelt apology, and still got no response. He has done everything you guys have asked, and was never given any definite responses.
hambooga

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Please wait for the final verdict to be given.

Gen. Hannibal and Gen. Connor as seen here are conversing privately via PM's. This thread will be replied to by one of them shortly, thank you for your continued patience and respect.

Greenwood
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby hambooga » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I may seem impatient, but it's been more than a week, surely it shouldn't take this long to come up with a final decision.
hambooga

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 am

Hambooga, while we wait anyways, could ask Junior why he edited his first ban appeal?
I also asked him a question to the original ban appeal he haven't answered yet :)
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to Bans & Appeals