Lift my Ban please.

Questions, comments, and requests for bans should be placed here. If you have been unfairly banned, you can post an appeal.

Lift my Ban please.

Postby Scumbag » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:12 pm

5:30 pm eastern.

I saw some console chat about a name change? But Console didn't specify who. Even other players were stopping to reply: 'Me'?

My name always changes when I join your server. Usually to something stupid and offensive. Example: "Condom face".

If you don't want me to play here, I won't have my feelings hurt. But forcing a name change via HLSW is, well unnecessary.

Patjeffe was only admin on when this happened, he had to have seen it.

What's the deal with the admin abuse guys? I play on your server, and on WAR's sniper server with the six towers. That's it. I've played dod since inception. I play a few other games, but I'm also picky with servers too, and only play a handful of places where I'm not a stranger. Don't drive the core players away, please.

I can concentrate all my time on the other server, but I like playing on your server since punishment is usually swift to those who screw around. That's not always the deal everywhere else.

Well, I've said all I came to say, hopefully this works out.

STEAM_0:0:11045916
Scumbag

Re: Lift my Ban please.

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:24 pm

If your name is offensive, your username will be forcefully changed. If you join with Bit**A@@MoFo, it will be changed. Condom Face is a sexual term, we don't allow Swearing and for that we don't allow Sexual terms such as that. Kids play on the server and I'm sure if you had a son, you wouldn't want him to read the word "Condom" at a young age.
Col.Hydra

Postby Taintedwisp » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Hmm, well Keep your names within the rules is all I can say, I could write a list of words not to put, but its easier to just say, keep it pg, meaning non of the major cusswords, some admins are more picky then others, so its best to just avoid those all together.

though I dont think anyone would ban for Condom Face lol.

LOL, if they change your name Via Admin, then just change it to something more appropriate, or just leave it alone because it will change back when you join another server. its not admin abuse per say, but it is slightly a bit strickter then I would expect... but either way he was within the rules I guess when this was done, part of the problem of not having an actual list... lol. (theres also pros to not having a list too)

and you say Pat was the only admin? hmmm, pat rarely worrys about someones name... hes one of the more easy going admins.

Oh well, A gen ill assist you later on. just make sure when you change your name to keep out the main cuss words, just make sure not to put anything that you wouldnt want your kid reading if you had a kid thats about 8 or 9 years old.
Taintedwisp, I'm back Baby!

Snipe me?
Get PiMp SlApPeD!!!
Taintedwisp

Postby Scumbag » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

You guys aren't getting what I'm trying to say. An Admin forces a name change everytime I join up. The example Condom face was an actual name that they changed my name to. I'll also have you know I have a son and two daughters. So you're right, I watch my language.
Scumbag

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Admin can't custom change your name...

You sure it was admin?
Col.Hydra

Postby Scumbag » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Lt.Col.Hydra (RO) wrote:Admin can't custom change your name...

You sure it was admin?

I couldn't be more serious. I wouldn't come here to jerk you around.

I have the whole entire console log from that time too.

@tainted So if an Admin forces some rude, offensive name to you minutes after joining, every time you play, that isn't admin abuse?

Sorry dude, I run a L4D2 server, and if ever saw one of my admins doing that, I'd strip them of access immediately.
Scumbag

Postby Taintedwisp » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm

OHHH the admin put the Rude name? oh thats different, that is admin abuse, I thought you were bitching about your rude name being changed, yeah thats admin abuse.

and yes Hydra an admin can use custom change names, its easy, you use the console. its very much possible.
Taintedwisp, I'm back Baby!

Snipe me?
Get PiMp SlApPeD!!!
Taintedwisp

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Only people who have Console access are the Full Gens. Such as Werewolf, Connor, Jersey, and Swamp himself. I may be missing a few others but those are the only people and I doubt that a Admin would change your name to that.
Col.Hydra

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Taintedwisp wrote:OHHH the admin put the Rude name? oh thats different, that is admin abuse, I thought you were bitching about your rude name being changed, yeah thats admin abuse.

and yes Hydra an admin can use custom change names, its easy, you use the console. its very much possible.

:O Since when!

But you can't speak AS console tho.. OP is saying that the admin who did this was speaking thru Console.
Col.Hydra

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 pm

If you come back with SCUMBAG as your name I will perm ban you. I gave you 1 hour ban.
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Next

Return to Bans & Appeals