Refrigerator

Show us your creative talent and share your artwork, writing, photography, music, or anything else you think we might enjoy.

Refrigerator

Postby Capt.Jaysin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Since this forum is called Refrigerator I want to tell you little story. In September 2001 my family and I lived in Iowa and we came back to Washington to visit our families for vacation. We where suppose to fly back September 12th, 2001 but since the World Trade Center had been blown up I delayed my flight another week. So coming to the point we where away from home for 3 weeks and I thought to myself hmm to save a few $$ I will turn the main breaker off while we are gone. I never will forget the smell when I opened up my Refrigerator. :o

The End
Capt.Jaysin
SRRP Officer

Re: Refrigerator

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 am

=)
Reminds me on my girlfriend. She studies and lives in a city approx. 40 mins to her home. On weekends, she goes home and stays with her mom and sister. Normally she did not turn off her refrigerator but on her semester break a few months ago she wanted to save some bucks as well and plugged it off. She stayed around 2 weeks with her mom and in my place and when we went back to her flat and opened that thing, I almost died from the smell.
She forgot a piece of meat in the deep freeze and it took around 3 weeks till the smell was gone xD
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:36 pm

If you're interested in saving a few bucks turn off your water heater while gone if it's electric.
Some people even put them on a time clock shutting then off while not at home during the day.
Also set your thermostat so it doesn't run that much while you're away.
We don't mess with that much around here because we pay only .06 - .07 per Kwh.
If I turned off my breaker for a week while I am gone I probably wouldn't say $5.00 depending
on the time of the year.
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Maj.Gen.Hannibal wrote:If you're interested in saving a few bucks turn off your water heater while gone if it's electric.
Some people even put them on a time clock shutting then off while not at home during the day.
Also set your thermostat so it doesn't run that much while you're away.
We don't mess with that much around here because we pay only .06 - .07 per Kwh.
If I turned off my breaker for a week while I am gone I probably wouldn't say $5.00 depending
on the time of the year.

I can't turn my heating off this time of year in my house, as I live in Maine, and its already dropping to the thirties!
And about wat u said jay, a similar thing happened last year when my parents went on vacationr. My twin brother and I just boarded at school during the time. When my parents got back, they found the fridge had broke, ruined all the food and it stunk.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Return to The Refrigerator