Political Discussions Week 2

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Re: Political Discussions Week 2

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 am

I agree with KittyAmazing. I know gay marriage isn't legalised in Australia but I think it should be. Religious laws shouldn't put down those based on their sexuality and this is coming from a catholic who goes to church every Sunday. I am a catholic but I also believe in freedom of speech. For me it's simple, if people who are straight have the right to legally marry someone they are in love with then why shouldn't people who are gay have the same rights? This is excluding religious beliefs. It's 2012 and we live in a modern world that's evolving quickly, an aspect of life such as sexuality should not affect the way we live, if we are allowed to wed or legalities either. There are bigger issues than this that politicians should be arguing about.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col. Communicator » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:14 am

I agree as well. Gays should be allowed to get married. I too am Catholic and I think our religion needs to get into the 21st century. I also think priests should also be allowed to be married. This may have helped reduce the child abuse incidents that went on for years and was covered up by the Vatican. It would also help to get more people involved in the church. Get back to family values. Everyones family values (gays, lesbians, etc...)
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Col. Communicator » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am

on a side note...If they decide to be married they should make sure they aren't high when they make that decision. LOLOL j/k
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby frigileFrieda » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am

I don't even understand why you need to marry in a (christian) church as a gay couple. I wouldn't go to a place to marry where you normally would be chased for your behaviours, that would be pretty awkward for me. But gay couples should have the same political and citizen rights, and also have the right to get children.

Long story short, i don't give a f. on the churches view of thing. They will fall behind our time if they won't change themselves and change their view of things like gay marriage or the celibacy for priests.
frigileFrieda

Postby Lt.Col.DaV3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Louis C.K. said it all. No discussion needed..
ps.: marriage is needless in my eyes but go on!
Lt.Col.DaV3
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Jersey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Pushing for laws banning gay marriage because of religious views is contrary to the idea of a free society and the prohibition of the US government from endorsing any religion.

"Marriage" in this argument is merely the legal definition of marriage, and the rights and privileges granted by law to married couples (such as hospital visitation rights, joint tax filing, and automatic inheritance in the absence of a will). Allowing gay couples to get married at their local town hall has zero impact on the religions and churches that believe it is wrong. No church or other place of worship would be forced to marry two individuals of the same sex. Churches can (and do) refuse to marry specific couples for any reason, and this will not change when gay marriage is legalized.

People are merely rehashing the exact same arguments made a few decades ago in the failed attempt to continue the ban on interracial marriages.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:08 pm

frigileFrieda wrote:I don't even understand why you need to marry in a (christian) church as a gay couple..

That's not the problem, the problem is that they can't get married period. No matter where, they can't get married and have it federally recognized. They just want the same rights offered to a heterosexual married couple. Rights that Jersey summed up rather well.

As a more direct comment on this topic, I live in Canada, it's been legal here since 2005; no perceptible change, aside form gays getting married.

Also here's the actual biblical definition of marriage; don't know where the opponents of gay marriage get their ideas from. Jesus said absolutely nothing about gay people (and people of the time had a lot to say about gays.), you'd think CHRISTians would like to act like their namesake.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby frigileFrieda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 am

But i think the Church is still the main problem. In germany, some couple wanted to marry in a church. But it's the churches decision to let them, not the nations one. So they didn't get married there. But they can still marry by federal law and have mostly the same rights as normal couples.

I don't really know the situation in other states, i also have to say that about 40 years ago the same-gender sex was forbidden (in germany), and the german police still collected information about criminal homosexuals in special lists, and its still allowed to write down a persons sexual orientation in the police files. I think the community here is much further than the law, about 52% are pro gay marriage. The EU average is about 44%.
frigileFrieda

Postby Gen.Jersey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 am

All (or very nearly all) of the objections against gay marriage in the United States are because of religion.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby frigileFrieda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 am

Sgt.KittyAmazing! wrote:My question to you forums browsers is this. Is religion the only reason why gays aren't allowed equal rights? or are there other organizations or belief systems that keep gays from equality? basically, if religion never existed, would we even be having this discussion?

I think we could have landed on the mars already if we hadn't any religions on earth. And there would be a much more humane system on the earth. Now its just like the middle ages: 90% of People own 10% of worlds money and the other 10% of the people got 90% of worlds money, but they do not work as hard as the others for it.
frigileFrieda

Next

Return to The Lounge