Apple vs. Android?

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Apple vs. Android?

Postby Maj.Roebuck581 (RO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Okay guys. Let's have the most famous debate for technology. Would you rather live in a world with apple devices or android devices?
Roebuck581
Officer
Recruiting Officer
Email Me at bryanbernardo42@yahoo.com
Add Me on Facebook! Bryan Bernard
Maj.Roebuck581 (RO)
SRRP Officer

Re: Apple vs. Android?

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Android.. no discussion
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm

IMO, Apple is all about consumerism. Yes, they do make some great products but I can guess that 70% of people with an iPhone 5 have an iPhone 5 just for the logo and so they can say "I have an iPhone 5", not because it's a good phone. Apple is way too overpriced in comparison with products of equal performance. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I think that it is amazing. It outsold pretty much everything in the initial sales (I think) and it's not very expensive compared to iPhones. Just like Beats by Dre discussion, you can get a phone on Android for equal performance that looks good and save $100 at least. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S2. It is still an amazing phone and it's much cheaper than an iPhone. If Apple was not as pricey as they are, I would like them a bit more but I am Android for now. :)
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Roebuck581 (RO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I can agree with you Headshot. Apple is over rated. People don't look at performance but title. I just bought an iPod 4 today, and compared to my Samsung galaxy, it isn't very different. Android does have a better performance too. I would go with Android any day.
Roebuck581
Officer
Recruiting Officer
Maj.Roebuck581 (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:50 pm

I got a Samsung S2, bought it 2 years ago, destroyed it twice but still got it repaired and did not switch yet. I just had to buy another battery cause Samsung did not know yet how much battery life would be needed to run its flagship S2 at the very beginning, which was max a day with the standard battery. Now it runs at least 2-3 days when I dont play that much with it and I wont change that phone till the next repair costs will be higher than buying a new phone.
I decided to go with Samsung because Samsung is almost like IPhone, just not in a fancy aluminium case. Though the S4 looks pretty great. So from the technological side, the Koreans are pretty much rocking the smartphone business. And they also have to, South Korea is the most developed country conceirning smartphones, they do pretty much everything with them and they have the best infrastructure in the world. They have crazy ads with QR Codes on it all over the trainstations and around the city so you can just scan the code and buy some daily consumables like meat, fruits, vegetables and more and you can even tell when you want it to be delivered home. Due to that crazy technological development, Samsung needs to put the best technological stuff in their products as such a Korean company.
You can expand the question when you remember what Andriod actually is. Dont forget Google gathering every single information from you. And those data is pretty sensitive because you can even predict after a while where you will be at what time, if you keep sending signals like you normally do when you even just only run with your smartphone turned on. The app "Google" or Google Now even knows where your home and your workplace is and gives the the shortest ways to that place. And this can be a pro for sure if you get lazy and let Google do everything for you. The problem is, that they know every pattern of yours and this is billions worth for some big companies filling your head with customized and personalized ads.
Here is Google Now.

Sure Apple does pretty much the same with his devices but IMO they dont have the power like Google to combine all the info in one spot. Remember that Google wants you to register first to your Google Mail account to run Android. And after a while you buy some apps so even if you had a fake account you start using it for private stuff as well. Its pretty dangerous to rely on a monopoly like those 2 but unless Firefox wont increase their smartphone portfoilio and give a reason to switch I will probably stay with Android.
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Roebuck581 (RO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Read only half of what you wrote NeckBreaker a lil too long XD. But it sounds like your going with Android?
Roebuck581
Officer
Recruiting Officer
Maj.Roebuck581 (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby Slaughter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:18 am

Am i really the only Apple guy?
Anyways.
I think apple, why? Because ive had Android items, and then i bought the iPod Touch. From that time, everything had to be Apple. Because i fell so in love with the product i just had to have more. Today i use a macbook air for school. i bought it because of several things. 1. Its very portable. 2. The Quality feel it has. 3. The system. 4. it IS the best laptop to bring for school.
The macbook, yes its expensive, but you try and find a pc under that price with the same features? The same Touchpad? The same awesome screen? The same Aluminum body work? The keys that you type on so easily? A system working so well? Good luck finding that to a price under the Macbook Air. There is also the fact, that it will keep on going until you dont want it to anymore. AND the resale value, The macbook, has FAR more resale value than a Windows pc.

I bought an Iphone 4s, then 5 aswell. Why?
Well, i know that Samsung for instance is cheaper, but, Try and find a phone with the same Aluminum body? Try and find a phone with the same Quality feel? Try and find a phone that wont break before youre done with it? Try and find a phone with the same simplicity. Try and find a phone with the same resale value? Youll end up in a HTC One, and that dosnt even have all features? And guess what? Its the same price.

I also have iPad.
The iPad, i bought, because of several things. 1. Its works good together with everything. 2. The screen. 3. The aluminum body. 4. The system. 5. The simplicity.

I only use 1 windows/android item, and that is my compter to play on (windows)
Back when i had no Apple products i was also like, WHo buys Apple thats just waste of money. Then i got my first Ipod Touch. Since then i have bought nothing but Apple, why? Because there just isnt any other company who feels really quality, and thats so well build and so stylish, the quickness, the awesome screens, the amazing touch. EVERYTHING! :)
I dont buy Apple because of the little Apple on the back, i buy it because when i have one of there products in my hand, i feel quality, when u open it, i get amazed. When i use it, i get so happy, because it just is something special compared to lets say Samsung or HTC.
IMO Apple is the thing to buy, and Samsung is the copying machine trying to get as big as Apple.
If you never owned Apple product, i strongly recommend buying one. Yes its pricey, but hey, what isnt? You wont regret it. ;)
And for the finishing apple line, Once you go Mac you never go Back. :D

Now, as Headshot mentioned about Beats by Dre. Okay, they are pricey, i agree, but it has quality sound, and its just an awesome headset, and honestly who wouldnt like running around with Beats hanging around your neck? :D But as i said IMO they are great and they look awesome.

Just my opinion, i recommend trying Apple, you wont regret it. :D
Slaughter.

Prison will be safer.
Slaughter

Postby S/Sgt.milkman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 am

APPLE
S/Sgt.milkman
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby Capt.AngryWalrus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 am

Android. The Walrus has spoken end of discussion! >:3=