Steam Trading Cards

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Steam Trading Cards

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:32 am

Hey there guys!
Recently I started collecting cards and I saw that some of you (mainly members) also do.
I know there is no way you can collect them all without paying for it but the prices are pretty moderate, depending on the game about 20 EUR Cents = 0,27 $ per card.

My question is now, if the ones of you who also bought some cards have experienced any ups and downs on prices or more precisely, which factors influence the price. Like higher prices on Mondays or whatever.
I noticed for example, that the newer a game was published on Steam, the higher the prices are, just depending on supply and demand.

Any other thoughts and tips would be appreciated! ;)
Neck
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Re: Steam Trading Cards

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:30 pm

what do u get if u collect all the cards?
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby 1st Lt.Pickleman42 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 pm

2nd Lt.Il*Duce wrote:what do u get if u collect all the cards?

You get a badge, xp and a emoticon. And neck, the prices are generally pretty high, but they do flux a little. From my experience collecting them ( Got the badge 3 times) some members don't really care and may give them for free. So ask around!
1st Lt.Pickleman42
SRRP Officer
Deus Veult!
1st Lt.Pickleman42
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Yep, a good idea Prickleman!

Actually it is a way Steam and the publishers of that game can make more money with.
e.g. in DoD:S you need to collect 6 cards in total. When you play DoD:S, it automatiacally drops 3 cards, the other 3 you have to trade or buy. Once collected, you can craft a badge. After that, you get randomly new backgrounds for your profile, xp and emoticons like Prickle mentioned. When you reach a certain xp level, you can edit your profile and highlight some parts.
You can collect all cards 5 times in total for one game, but just a few games have this trading cards anyways.

It's actually pretty funny when you can spare a few bucks to play around and have a more different profile.
When I think of what I pay for partying one night, 50 Cents or a Euro for a whole set of cards per game is nothing xD
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm

S/Sgt.Pickleman42 wrote:
2nd Lt.Il*Duce wrote:what do u get if u collect all the cards?

You get a badge, xp and a emoticon. And neck, the prices are generally pretty high, but they do flux a little. From my experience collecting them ( Got the badge 3 times) some members don't really care and may give them for free. So ask around!

i will probably give u it for free, cuz i havnt taken an interest in this. just send me a message
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 am

I've given away some emoticons and backgrounds for some members :). If I get any more cards I'll give them to whoever wishes.
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Sgt.Joker » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:27 am

i just got like 70 trading cards from manlypancake :D
if anyone wants to trade something, pm me! ;)
WHY SO SERIOUS? WHY SO SERIOUS? WHY SO SERIOUS?
Sgt.Joker
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby 1st Lt.DZiNE » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Hey guy's, I'm looking to do some trading as well. I'm trying to get the DoD badge, as many levels as I can. Pretty much all my backgrounds and emoticons are available for trade.

Here's a quick link to my inventory:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/d_zine/inventory/#753_6

Add me if you're not on my list already, or even send a trade offer my way. I normally do 1:1 for cards, so If I have any you're interested in, that works. Or for backgrounds/emoticons we can work something out.
1st Lt.DZiNE
SRRP Officer

Return to The Lounge