Hardware Issue

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Hardware Issue

Postby Sgt.Superman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm

For some reason lately, every time I get on DOD my computer stars buzzing real loud, like its from my video card. what else could it be & why is it doing it? PLEASE HELP :wtf:
SUPERMAN
Sgt.Superman
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: Hardware Issue

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Does this only happen when you open DoD or does it happen for all games? If it is only happening when you run DoD, then you might need to reinstall DoD or modify your video settings in DoD. If the buzzing noise is occurring with all games, then you might need to look into a purchasing a new video card. I'd suggest running other games on your computer to see if the problem occurs with them as well. Also, how old/new is your video card?
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Gen.Jersey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 am

Most likely your video card fan is clogged with dust. Open your computer up and clean it out. While you're at it, you might as well clean out any other fans (CPU fan, case fan, etc.) as well as the air intake and exhaust ports.

Don't play any games until you do this. If the fan isn't working properly you can very easily overheat and fry your video card.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Stohr (RO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 pm

If it's a mechanical "buzz" then your video card cooling fan bearing could be worn out which will produce a sort of dry 'squealing' sound. That happens mostly when it's cold when you 1st boot up. If, OTOH, it's an electronic sounding "buzz" then most likely it's a component on your card.
Col.Stohr (RO)

Postby Sgt.Superman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks For the feed back. IT WAS the dust in the fans. didn't realize how quickly it filled up. All better now thanks for the help. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
SUPERMAN
Sgt.Superman
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Return to The Lounge