Watch Dogs - Non Steam Version

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Watch Dogs - Non Steam Version

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:07 am

Hey ho,

when Watch Dogs was introduced the first time, I got really interested in that game and immediately wanted to buy it. Thanks to exams I skipped that part for later on and now there is a bunch of versions of it.

Do you guys have any experiences with that? I saw that Fabio and Triskel already got the game. Did you buy it on Steam or any other platform? There is a huge difference in pricing and I was just wondering if those versions differ so much and are worth to buy a lets say 'Digital Deluxe Edition', or is the 'Standard' version enough?

I will probably buy it on Gamemafia.pro because they got the cheapest prices even for that Deluxe version.

I mean there is a huge difference between 70€ for the Steam version vs. 22,55€ for the Uplay Key on Gamemafia...

Does anyone has experiences with them?

Thanks for your feedback! ;)
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Re: Watch Dogs - Non Steam Version

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 am

I have a non-steam, standard version of the game and have finished it. I think it's worth getting but spending more money to get some fancy extras isn't really necessary unless you've played it before and really love it (like I am with any Assassin's Creed game :P ). It's quite a good game but don't play it expecting something like GTA V with crazily high expectations because you might be let down. The only reason I think people might get let down by Watch Dogs is because the over-hyped it and expected too much. Other than that, it's worth it. :thumbup:

In terms of the Steam version vs Uplay, it's essentially the same thing. For Ubisoft games, they all launch through Uplay. For example, I have the Assassin's Creed games on Steam and if I launch them from Steam, it will launch Uplay and the game will open from there. Although, if you do buy it through Steam, you will have the Steam overlay (like when you press SHIFT + TAB in dods) and you probably won't have that if you buy the Uplay key.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:15 am

Like headshot said the game is good but it was over hyped... The story line is cool tho.. But its another game that is uninstalled and will not be reinstalled just like titan fall
[SRRP]2nd Lt.East-Raven (RO)
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:44 am

I really appreciate your feedback, thanks guys! =)
Since I play all games on my notebook, I stopped expecting anything considering graphics years ago xD
I don't even play DoD:S on max settings so and I'm kind of used to that anyways. All my games have an old school touch due to my low settings xDDD

Ok, so I know where to go. Comparing all those prices I think I will stick to the non Steam version.
Just need to wait till my notebook is back from repair...
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 am

Did you ever consider buying a console for the "new game" console last 8 years minimum and play all new game during those 8 years a computer are a lill more expensive than a console to be able to play de same game and will need upgrade to run the lastest game... Sure its not the same feeling but I like to play my console too
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am

PC MASTER RACE!!! that is all :-)

I like to be able to upgrade my hardware, and i cant do that on a console.
And no, consoles are more expensive because of the game price and accessories.

i have 450 games on steam and i have only paid something like 450$ for them all. Think about that.
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:30 am

M/Sgt.East-Raven wrote:Did you ever consider buying a console

Years ago I had a PS1, but the only games I played on were Tekken 3 and TombixD A friend of mine had a PS2 later on and then I tried my first fps there, I was so disappointed from the controls, I totally switched to PC games.

Sure its not the same feeling but I like to play my console too

Yep, its fun to play with friends, especially Tekken or games like that. But I sold my PS1 later on and never bought a console again. I'm fine with PC ;)
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Haha dont compare ps1 and ps2 to a ps4 or xbox 1 haha and today there many option a play ps4 with keyboard and mouse with the same level of precison of a pc but I understand what you mean
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Gen.Cannafix wrote:PC MASTER RACE!!! that is all :-)

i have 450 games on steam and i have only paid something like 450$ for them all. Think about that.

Yeah your right I like to upgrade my computer too but its not everyone who want to do that or can this is why i say thats because im all aboUT gaming pc too
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Bacfire » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:10 am

Gen.Cannafix wrote:PC MASTER RACE!!! that is all :-)

I see i am not the only one that's sniping deal :)

Paid way much more for most of my game, but when i get a really good title under $5, boy am i happy!
Bacfire
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Return to The Lounge