The Subject of Today's Talk Is....

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

The Subject of Today's Talk Is....

Postby Sgt.MisterLlamaman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

So in this thread, we're going to talk about stealing.

I have to vent.. and I think my new family have the best ears to vent to.

So for those of you who don't know, I run an automotive glass replacement shop. In order to do business and replace peoples windshields and whatnot, I have tools. Quite expensive tools too, mind you.

I walked out to my work van this morning to find the side door glass had been busted out and all of the tools inside had been stolen. Overall, about $2500 worth of tools were taken from me. Not to mention I'll have to replace the glass that this person broke to get to my stuff.

It really makes me think and wonder.. what was I doing while my van was getting broken into? Was I sleeping? Was I happily playing DoD? Was I making myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

I just don't understand people who stoop so low as to go to someones place of business and take their hard-earned tools and equipment. Do they not realize that they just jeopardized my way of living? Without those tools, I can't run my shop. Without those tools, I can't pay my bills. And without those tools, I can't put food on the table for my family.

Now I know it's not as bad as it could have been. They didn't break into my shop and do more damage. They didn't take the TV in the waiting room or the computer in the office. It could have been a lot worse. And I know it's just material stuff that can all be replaced.. but it's the fact that someone put in effort to taking something that's not theirs. They didn't work to buy the stuff. They just took it. And I'll bet they won't even lose a wink of sleep while I'm sitting here fuming about what they did.

I hate thieves. Even more than I hate liars.

I hope I never catch the man who broke into my property for my tools. Because if I do, I won't be able to stop myself once I get them on the ground.

Thank you all for listening to my rant.

You're all awesome.

MisterLlamaman
Llama, llama, duck.
Sgt.MisterLlamaman
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: The Subject of Today's Talk Is....

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:59 am

Sorry about your tools man... Only weak people steal from another... They cant even realize what their doing because they have nothing to stole or break... Hope that you got insurance for those things!
[SRRP]2nd Lt.East-Raven (RO)
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Col.Zeus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:59 pm

i'm sorry to hear that,friend...you work hard to get the tools, and a thief comes and steal them,it is hard...i really hope that you got insurance for those things
Lt.Col.Zeus
SRRP Officer

Postby Sgt.MisterLlamaman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks for the consolation, friends. I went out today and bought all new tools. At least they're shiny. lol.
And yes, I do have insurance, yet I'm required to pay a $1000 deductible for the claim. We'll see how that goes.
Llama, llama, duck.
Sgt.MisterLlamaman

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Pvt.MisterLlamaman wrote:Do they not realize that they just jeopardized my way of living? Without those tools, I can't run my shop. Without those tools, I can't pay my bills. And without those tools, I can't put food on the table for my family.

There is also business interruption insurance, which you may also already have, that covers this as well if you couldn't get those tools as fast as you did. Of course that costs $$$ too.

Glad you got back up and running.
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Sgt.MisterLlamaman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Maj.Gen.Asty wrote:
Pvt.MisterLlamaman wrote:Do they not realize that they just jeopardized my way of living? Without those tools, I can't run my shop. Without those tools, I can't pay my bills. And without those tools, I can't put food on the table for my family.

There is also business interruption insurance, which you may also already have, that covers this as well if you couldn't get those tools as fast as you did. Of course that costs $$$ too.

Glad you got back up and running.

Oh, okay. I don't honestly know if I have that. Sounds like something good to invest in though.
Thanks, General.
Llama, llama, duck.
Sgt.MisterLlamaman

Postby Bacfire » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:17 am

Glad to hear you are back on track already.

Thieves don't play using the same rules or mindset as us, hence why they don't give a rat ass about stealing from you, the hard working man.

Hope you called the police and that they manage to find the culprit...even tho my faith in the police for these kind of crime is almost non-existent.
Bacfire

Postby Sgt.MisterLlamaman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 am

Bacfire wrote:Glad to hear you are back on track already.

Thieves don't play using the same rules or mindset as us, hence why they don't give a rat ass about stealing from you, the hard working man.

Hope you called the police and that they manage to find the culprit...even tho my faith in the police for these kind of crime is almost non-existent.

Yeah, I agree. I did file a police report and gave them the serial number of the couple expensive power tools I had. So if they try to pawn them or something, it'll come up as stolen. I'll just be hoping for the best.
Llama, llama, duck.
Sgt.MisterLlamaman

Postby S/Sgt.AgentXD » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:51 am

Yikes man, sorry to hear. I can't stand thieves even to the slightest bit. Hope everything goes well and that those tools end up coming back to their rightful owner.
Our work is never over.

Agent XD

Don't forget to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968436033
S/Sgt.AgentXD

Postby Sgt.MisterLlamaman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Sgt.AgentXD wrote:Yikes man, sorry to hear. I can't stand thieves even to the slightest bit. Hope everything goes well and that those tools end up coming back to their rightful owner.

Yeah, that'd definitely be nice. Though to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up. But I've already replaced everything that got stolen and hopefully karma works its way to those who violated my stuff.
:)
karma's a biznitch.
Llama, llama, duck.
Sgt.MisterLlamaman

Next

Return to The Lounge