Holiday in America

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Holiday in America

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:22 pm

im planning on visiting America this year just wanted to know the best places to see and what time of year to go (weather wise)
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Re: Holiday in America

Postby pvt. peanutpancakez » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Florida is really nice like in the keys and stuff. Are you planning on visiting East Coast or West? I can tell you others depending on that. Like West i would recommend Muir woods and see the red woods and sequoias. The Smokey mountains near Gatlinburg in TN. D.C is nice to see all of the museums and monuments. Never been to New York city but my friends say its a really cool place.
pvt. peanutpancakez

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 pm

You MUST see the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It has got to be the greatest natural wonder on Earth that anyone can see without being an athlete or mountain climber. Get a reservation at the El Tovar hotel at the Grand Canyon Village and if you get one of the two bigger suites there you can take in the canyon from your own balcony.

From there you should also see Meteor Crater which is about a two hour's drive from the Grand Canyon Village. It's not as awesome as the canyon but it too takes one's breath away seeing the power of nature. Once you've had your fill of seeing the biggest holes in the ground :lol: you can then go to Las Vegas which is about half a day's drive from both places. In fact what I do is first go to Vegas and from there see the other two. Vegas is its own wonder. That should sop up about a week right there. :lol: You can even go on arranged tours to both from Vegas.

Just FYI I live in Florida and live nowhere near these places just to show I don't have an axe to grind. :P
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby DannyGlover » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 am

If your near Michigan let me know between the upper and lower peninsula this state has endless places u must visit not to mention winters are beautiful here. When and if your checking out the better parts of detroit your always one tunnel, about twenty minutes after customs and a stop at the duty free shop, from Windsor cananada one of the most happening bar towns, and of course the best strip club ever cheatahs very classy beautiful clean women around, if your into that kind of thing. :P
DannyGlover

Postby Brig.Gen.Triskel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 am

i ' ve been to new york, but if u want to relax is impossible.. during the night thers too mux noise.
but i actually like it and u get some culture ;)
Darksoul
Brig.Gen.Triskel
SRRP General

Postby pvt. peanutpancakez » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I like the Grand Canyon Idea from asty. I've always wanted to go there but have not had the chance. I don't know but can you go white water rafting in the river there or no.
pvt. peanutpancakez

Postby Gen.Jersey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 am

If you are going to be in the New York City / Philadelphia area and would like to shoot some real guns (things that you can't even touch in Australia), let me know. I have a membership at a shooting range in Bristol, PA (30 minutes from Philadelphia, under 90 minutes from NYC). I would be happy to take you shooting as long as you are at least 18 years old or have permission from a parent or guardian.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 am

Danny, Seriously? The ones in Niagara Falls have cheaper booze.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby DannyGlover » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Well I have not been there in ages but w/e is cheaper for sure. :D
DannyGlover

Return to The Lounge