Connection issue

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Connection issue

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 pm

A lot of the time when I open dods, I'll be able to see no servers and I get this message "No internet games responded to the query" in the server lists, whether it be in the Internet, Favourites, History tab etc.

It's been happening for a long time now and it's not a firewall or connection issue because I've read countless threads on the steam forums on the same thing happening to people in other valve games as well, with no one really be able to fix it.

Does anyone else get this? Or possibly been able to fix it?
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Re: Connection issue

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:14 am

It happens to me too but don't ask me how to fix it.

Also within a few seconds of going the game I will get a connection problem for about five seconds and then
I move on and play the game. Thoughts?
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:48 am

Headshot, when you get this problem, can you join servers via joining friends games?
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:06 am

Gen.Hannibal wrote:
Also within a few seconds of going the game I will get a connection problem for about five seconds and then
I move on and play the game. Thoughts?

Not sure, haven't had this happen to me.
Maj.Il*Duce wrote:Headshot, when you get this problem, can you join servers via joining friends games?

I've tried this and it only works sometimes.

I don't think there's actually a fix to this because a lot of people have this issue and barely any have found a fix from what I've read.

Oh and Steam support is useless.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:02 pm

You could try to run the game through game tracker by clicking on the "Join Server" button under the Gametracker banner on the homepage.
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Return to The Lounge