Dear Members and Friends

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Dear Members and Friends

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm

It is hard to make this announcement --
From what I can gather the SRRP server has been shut down indefinitely if not for good.
Swamp has made his announcement to retire and move on and for me the chance to keep the SRRP going.
He offered it to me to carry on which at first I was excited about. However, I know nothing about running a server. The money was the easy part but finding someone to help keep the server running tend to be a little harder than I expected. I'd even thought I would try it and see if I could do it myself but Fragnet and I never could connect. I can only assume that since I saw the late bill to keep the server running that Fragnet finally turned it off when it was not paid.
I am glad to know all of you and being a part of such a fine server. Swamp Rat should be proud of having a game of where players can go and have a good time with a bunch of fun guys. I wanted to carry on that name but like I said earlier - I couldn't pull it off.
I want to wish everyone the best of all luck with your futures and I hope to see you somewhere out there in DOD world.
It is has been my honor being a part of SRRP.

Sincerely,
Stephen Ford
"Hannibal"
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Re: Dear Members and Friends

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:10 am

i am willing to help the server getting back up. I am also willing to pay some money for the server.
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Capt.DoctorT » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Yea, I have had a few servers...so anything I can do to help...just let me know.
Capt.DoctorT
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Werewolf » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:59 pm

The Gun Game server is very popular and has some characters on it. Pat, Artem and I play there. I would be interested in starting another server with a Gun Game mod built in , as well as our tower maps.
General Werewolf
Gen.Werewolf
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Gen.Werewolf wrote:The Gun Game server is very popular and has some characters on it. Pat, Artem and I play there. I would be interested in starting another server with a Gun Game mod built in , as well as our tower maps.

That'd be fun.
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Mr.Opti » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Hey there folks. It is so sad to see that the servers have been taken down. I am not sure if you remember me, but I am Mr.Opti, or Optimizerus from about 8 years back, created some of the SRRP Orange Tower maps that I still see in circulation today. However I am saddened to hear of the clans departure for I was very excited to come back to the clan, hopefully. However seeing as the news right now doesn't look good, I hope someone can add me and we can play again! Like old times!
My new In-Game-Name is PreviewVoiceGuy or I believe my username is anthoneychandler. Someone find me, let's connect.
Mr.Opti

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Added Opti :D
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby coff1n » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm planning on making a re make of srrp so I'll keep you guys posted it, if anyone has the map that would be great and when I get my new laptop I'll purchase a server and re make it as identical as possible but it will not be called srrp but it will have some kind of connection. I used to play this server a lot from 6 years ago about so I will re create this
coff1n

Postby hambooga » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:06 pm

coff1n wrote:I'm planning on making a re make of srrp so I'll keep you guys posted it, if anyone has the map that would be great and when I get my new laptop I'll purchase a server and re make it as identical as possible but it will not be called srrp but it will have some kind of connection. I used to play this server a lot from 6 years ago about so I will re create this

I have a download for the map, which is dod_orange_the_tower_v3_op
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rn8di9xnwr2h ... p.bsp?dl=0

I know a couple of the plugins that SRRP uses, and I'm sure Cannafix probably knows them because he runs the test server.

I know SRRP had the following plugins:

DoD Team Manager Source:
http://www.dodsplugins.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8dc64d5d26

Spawn Protection (The one with the glow, and it lasted for 2-3 seconds IIRC):
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=594838

I'm not too sure about this but I think every class had pistols, here's a pistol plugin:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=642324

Ammo settings (I believed rocket classes were given extra-ammo):
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1041885

I think rocket damage/radius were changed but I'm not sure how that was done, the in-game cvars are sv_cheat locked so there was probably a plugin that unrestricted those commands.
I know there was also another plugin which sent phrases in the chat every once in a while, but I'm not too sure which plugin did that.
Note I did not list every single plugin, there probably are some that I am unaware of.
If you want to talk to me more in the future you should add me on steam. https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hambooga/
hambooga

Postby DeagleFreak » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 pm

I am crying. i am 20 now and i played on the server since i was 7. is there any chance to get someone to run the server again ? the community is willing to help. i am offering myself as an administrator or moderator for eu central. Any chance ? :(
DeagleFreak

Return to The Lounge