WWII Memorabilia

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Re: WWII Memorabilia

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 am

Yea, To get a Class three federal permit is pretty tough, if you can, gun trust it the way to do it, you get a lawer to set up the trust, state the beneficiaries, and the trust can buy a full auto weapon, or supressor, Due to the fact that a wacko made a vote for a bill 1986 at 3AM, we can only buy pre 1986 Full auto Fire arms, as Jersey has said above, These weapons are outragously excpensive, A full auto M16 might be $15,000. If you can get a MG42 in good condition you are paying a fortune to get it. The closest I have gotten to full auto is a Slide Fire Ar-15.
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Postby Peiper » Sat May 05, 2012 6:47 am

i would have to disagree with the german mgs being over 30 grand, you can buy a mg34 original for about 3 grand, and just for 500 bucks more you can change it to full auto.

you just need to know how to work the system and where to buy.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.
Peiper

Postby Gen.Jersey » Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Peiper wrote:i would have to disagree with the german mgs being over 30 grand, you can buy a mg34 original for about 3 grand, and just for 500 bucks more you can change it to full auto.

you just need to know how to work the system and where to buy.

Not without committing a felony. Once a full-auto gun is converted to semi-auto only, in the eyes of the BATFE it is no longer a machine gun. Converting it back to full-auto would be considered as the manufacture of a new machine gun.

Only an type 7 or type 10 FFL holder (licensed firearms manufacturer) can perform the conversion, and cannot sell or transfer any gun converted after May 19, 1986 to a civilian.

There's also quite a bit of work involved in the conversion itself. In order to be sold as a semi-auto gun, it must be modified so it is not "readily convertible" to a full-auto gun. This entails changing the action from open-bolt to closed-bolt, as well as fitting and welding parts to the receiver so it is not readily convertible. The gun is purposely modified to make it very difficult to convert to full-auto. It certainly can be converted back with enough work, but this would be much more than $500 of work from a licensed firearms manufacturer.

If you are buying a full-auto MG34 for $3500, I can guarantee that laws were broken.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Peiper » Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 pm

i don't think so because my ww2 unit buys mg43s and then convert them, and they tell everyone about it.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.
Peiper

Postby Gen.Jersey » Wed May 16, 2012 4:39 am

Peiper wrote:i don't think so because my ww2 unit buys mg43s and then convert them, and they tell everyone about it.

I'm sorry to say that most likely this is not legal.

If your unit has a type 7 or type 10 FFL, performs the conversion themselves, and registers the "new" full-auto MG34, then your unit can own and possess it. But even with this license, it is still illegal to transfer the converted MG34 to a civilian -- for example, yourself or any of the other individual members of your unit -- unless it was converted and registered before May 19th, 1986. Any guns converted and registered after May 19th, 1986 can only be transferred to another entity with the proper type of FFL.

But from what you are saying, it sounds like your unit buys MG34's previously converted to semi-automatic only, and firing from a closed bolt. Next, they have someone "undo" the semi-auto conversion to return it to its original condition (fully automatic, firing from an open bolt) for a fee. Then, your unit takes possession of the full-auto MG34.

This is definitely illegal because (as I explained earlier) converting it back to full-auto makes it a "new" machine gun to the BATFE.

This issue is something that you really need to bring up with your unit. The illegal manufacture or transfer of a full-auto firearm is a serious felony, punishable by a $250,000 fine and a 10-year sentence in federal prison.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Peiper » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 am

i can assure you it is all legal and the proper paperwork has been filed out, a lot of my unit is active or retired military so i am sure they know what they are doing.
Peiper

Postby Peiper » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:53 am

255955_180713665320631_1300952_o.jpg
one of our mg-42s

483421_455713024487359_467296185_n.jpg
one of our mg34s

here are a few pictures of the mgs we currently have
Peiper

Previous

Return to The Lounge