Backpacking exp anyone?

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Backpacking exp anyone?

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey ho guys!

I need some advice =)
I'm gonna go on a backpacking tour to INDIA with my best friend, starting on Wednesday, 29 August till 28 September and I need some advice from you guys. Does anyone of you got experiences with backpacking and what to watch out for or any experiences in India in general?

We just got our tickets, our backpacks and the India guide from lonely planet and want to do it as spontanious as possible without planning much^^
We went to a doc and did out vaccinations, I got Hep A + B and Tetanus refreshed. In addition I still got the ones of Tubercolosis, Measles, Mumps and Rubella.

Just bought some drugs today: anti Malaria prophylaxis, fever-, diarrhea-, and nausea pills.
To sterilize some water, if we are not that sure of its roots, we have some chlor pills and some hypodermic needles in case we need to get some injections.

Any tips for such a journey, especially from people who already did such a trip is appreciated! :P
Thanks in advance for your time and comments! :thumbup:
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Re: Backpacking exp anyone?

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Where exactly are you gonna backpack, in the jungle or some other place?
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:15 am

Well, we are not really sure where we will exactly go but the jungle is not really our intention. We will probably go to the jungle or any kind of national park to get a view on some animals but mainly we will stay in the cities.
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

wear your old clothes, no need to be fancy and attract undue attention. Keep all your valuables on the inside of your clothing, pickpockets everywhere there. Cooked stuff is safer than fresh over there, a know a lot of people who have gotten ecoli infections from poorly washed lettuce. Bring small bills to get what you need fast, everything works much faster there with a green handshake. Hindi is most popular, but if you go rural there watch out for language barriers, they speak hundreds of different languages. Women are more conservative there, easy to get into trouble even with some innocent questions :P
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Don't know much about backpacking or India, just know you have to be carefull what you eat there like patjeffe says..
But anyway I wish you a fun and safe trip mate, i'll see you when you get back ;)
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Brig.Gen.Triskel » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 am

Wow it will be a nice adventure ;). Be careful with monkeys, they can bite u and can get a disease... (Like 28 days later)
Darksoul
Brig.Gen.Triskel
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.whatbutton » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:47 am

DEET and bear mace. I'm sure DEET will take care of most of your insect problems and bear mace works well on most animals (not sharks, Thanks mythbusters) and people too. Also whenever I go somewhere unknown I bring lots of extra socks and undies.
Lt.Gen.whatbutton
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 am

Thanks for all of your input! ;) Right now Im in Mumbei in the best place we had so far. We will stay here for 7 nights in total and head afterwards via a 16hours train trip to Varanasi. Im making a bunch of experiences here. There are sooo many people wha want to trick you cause they only see a guy running with a bunch of money^^ Ill post some pics when I get the chance to have some more time ;) Love you all =P

Neck
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 am

It's good to hear your doing well and having fun over there in India, I hope you get another you'll have 14 days of amazing things ahead of you.. Looking forward to the pics ;p

Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:39 am

Your in Mumbai? My birthplace :D How are you liking it? How's the weather there? It's normally pretty hot and humid. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Next

Return to The Lounge