Backpacking exp anyone?

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Re: Backpacking exp anyone?

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Sounds nice! But if you're interested in drinking some good beers you should stop in Belgium, it's best you make the stop in Flanders (more beers to choose from ;) ).. There's a lot to see in Europe so take your time to find out which route you take :)

Already wishing you a lot of fun in advance and let us know when you leave and afterwarts how it went :thumbup:

Greets Adrenline

Gooby wrote:I don't have any experience from backpacking yet, but as for now I am saving money to get to travel all over Europe next summer. Not sure if the players from America have heard the term "InterRail", but it is a ticket that you can buy from any country that is in EU. With that ticket you can use every train for a month inside the Europe and travel as much as you can.

First, we are going to Eastern Europe and then we are heading through Italia, Spain, France and then probably Switzerland, Netherlands and Germany. Our budget will be ~50 euros a day which should be more than enough for sleeping, eating and having a few beers. Maeby later we might go across the States or somewhere ells!
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:36 am

Yeah, thats actually the "normal" disease that everyone gets at least once^^
We did not really had that problem though, just drank our water from sealed bottles and tried to avoid everything that did not seem quit clean or at least fried =D
just a few days to go and guys I can't tell you how much I missed the fcking german bread, gosh! Guess everywhere in the world are those "German Bakeries" now so if you had the chance to either come to Germany and taste the bread on your own or try one of the good bakeries, you exactly now what I mean ;)
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Just a last pic of my journey to India....

Greets,
Neck ;)
Attachments
jumpsmall.jpg
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 am

I got the exact same picture from the exact same spot. :P I only have a hard copy of the picture so I'll upload it when I have access to a scanner.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Hahahaaaa yeeah nice! =D
I want to see that one ;)
When I bought the album, we did it for 1.000 Rupies, that was the first days in India so the guy screwed us up, and I even told him I wanted to have the pictures on a CD and he said ok and left for like 30 mins. He came back with a CD and I told to my friend to check it and he just took a short look on it and said its ok. Later that day we came back to the hotel and checked it on our laptop but the CD was of course empty xD
So the lessons we learned on day 4:
1. Get to know the value of the money, ASAP!!!
2. Never trust someone if YOU want to have it your way that badly, so always be your own chef and check it yourself next time
3. Negotiateeeee =D
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:11 am

Your correct about everything there. Always bargain with them. Luckily I speak hindi (language spoken there) and am dark skinned so they think I'm a local. If you're a local, they give you much better prices, especially when buying tickets for monuments and historic sights etc. A trick to negotiating is that you lower the price to something reasonable for both of you then lower it even more. :P If they no then say 'Last price" and walk out. About 80% of the time they will call you back and either agree with your price or give you a figure that isn't far of it. It's difficult to know whether something is legit or not so you just have to see if the person is using proper equipment, not some dodgy camera. Most of the time, the people that approach you, wanting to take photos are legit and come out with quality photos. I am lucky when it comes to currency: $1 AUD = roughly 55 indian ruppees. So the exchange rate is quite good for me.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 am

Yep =)
The equipment was a perfect one. Dont know what the brand of the cam was but it was a reflex cam and it took a perfect shot. The entry prices really differ, true^^
Like 750 Rupies we had to pay just as an entry fee to the Taj was much but compared to Europe still a reasonable price. And that was actually our problem at the beginnging; we always calculated it back to € and then the price was less than here in Europe so we guessed it was ok.
Even though we found out a week later the "kind of normal price" for tourists xD

The € was back then around 70 Rupies, so a perfect deal for us after all. Also when you consider that I got the album for around 1.000 so around 14 € for about 20 perfect Taj shots ;)
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Previous

Return to The Lounge