ranking system

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Re: ranking system

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am

Ranking system is based on an improving player type system. To keep earning points you need to be doing progressively better each gaming session. your score of 28-10 was probably worse then your previous score.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Lt.Col.DaV3 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 pm

that isn't a good system in my opinion...
why isn't it based only on K/D ratio and you are only in ranking when you play regulary?
Lt.Col.DaV3
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

it is based on the KDR, for each different session. so if you had a 2.4 KDR on one session then the next you only got 1.7KDR you would lose points because it wasnt as good or better then you had previously.
General Connor MacManus
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm

I thought it worked by who you killed. Ie. if I kill Kitty (he is say rank 10) I get say 4 points, he loses 4 points but, if he kills me (say rank 5) he gets 8 points I lose 8 points. At one point it was like this, it was relative to the players rank :P, which made sense. A kdr system would probably be the simplest but it promotes the idea of simply sitting in a hole and forsaking you team for your own benefit (which happens a lot and is the source of my vocal (sometimes too vocal :P) concerns
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby frigileFrieda » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 am

Actually i don't like the stats system, too. I Think a System with getting Points for killing and losing for be killed is much better. Should be also connected with the weapon you killed with, so you get more points killing with a knife than killing with a mg.
frigileFrieda

Postby Col. Communicator » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't like idea for more points for knifing than mg. It makes players camp the water or behind walls just waiting to pounce. It will cost his team. It could all be ranked fairly if weapons were more like real life weapons. Sniper and Rocket wouldn't have huge advantages that they do now. At least with MG u have to move around a lot or your a dead duck. I think tk-ing should be a HUGE loss of points too. Accidental or not.
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 am

taken directly from the developers post about the ranking plugin we use:

Statistics Information
A players gains two points per kill, plus one extra point for each 100 points higher his victim's score is. The victim loses the equivalent number of points. This is done so that a really good player cannot boost his score by killing beginners over and over again; likewise, when a skilled player connects he can reach a high rating quickly because everyone else will start out with a much higher score.
General Connor MacManus
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Col.Hydra » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

That makes sense and I agree with their purpose of the whole way it works. And this also explains why when I go 40-0 for example and I go up like 2 or 3 ranks..
Col.Hydra

Postby Slaughter » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 am

Ill agree with frieda there, although same points if u kill with mg or knife. A much simpler system would be that you get more points if u shoot a guy with higher rank than your self and the other way around :)
Slaughter.

Prison will be safer.
Slaughter

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks Connor, same idea as I was discussing simply more accurately written + the benefit of getting some points (2) regardless of player stats. Sounds like we have the best system possible to me
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server