voice_medic

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Re: voice_medic

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 am

It's a good idea and I've done some brief searching through some known modder websites and haven't found one. I'm sure you could get one, the question is will people like this idea? I don't find any reason not to.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Gen.Jersey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 am

I don't really see the point since we already have the medic plugin.
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:40 am

Now that Jersey puts it in to perspective, the whole point of the game is to try survive. The server already has no limit to medic so having that plugin wouldn't really be a necessity but it wouldn't be bad to have either.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Add me on Steam @

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm

I don't think it's necessary... You already have your medic button and there's a possibility that the extra medic packages could slow down the server even more, so I'll say no to it :)
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm

While it's obviously not a necessity, and I am only throwing it out there, what about for the foreign players and such that really can't figure it out and can't really ask. Lately there's been some guys that I've been next to, I see them at like 14hp, I say both by voice and text their name and "hey dude, you might want to medic up" and they're just at a loss. I kinda feel bad and wouldn't mind tossing them a medpack. At the same time, if they go down, that's less probability of accidentally tk'ing me and more kills for me. And ya, that'd be alot of work putting a plugin just so I can be a medpack philanthropist.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby Col. Communicator » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 pm

" medpack philanthropist"-LOLOL....Term of the day
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 pm

1stLt.Nameless Hobo wrote:While it's obviously not a necessity, and I am only throwing it out there, what about for the foreign players and such that really can't figure it out and can't really ask. Lately there's been some guys that I've been next to, I see them at like 14hp, I say both by voice and text their name and "hey dude, you might want to medic up" and they're just at a loss. I kinda feel bad and wouldn't mind tossing them a medpack. At the same time, if they go down, that's less probability of accidentally tk'ing me and more kills for me. And ya, that'd be alot of work putting a plugin just so I can be a medpack philanthropist.

When we can throw them a medpack then we should also be able to get a lasso to drag them into the flag capture zone on the 2-man flag up top so we don't have to beg them to help cap. :roll:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am

Hmm, the lasso...an interesting idea for an sm_command: sm_lasso inattentive_jerkwad

I like it.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm

I'll see what Riddick can do about that. Maybee make it so we can also repel from tower with same lasso. :)
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 am

1stLt.Nameless Hobo wrote:While it's obviously not a necessity, and I am only throwing it out there, what about for the foreign players and such that really can't figure it out and can't really ask. Lately there's been some guys that I've been next to, I see them at like 14hp, I say both by voice and text their name and "hey dude, you might want to medic up" and they're just at a loss. I kinda feel bad and wouldn't mind tossing them a medpack. At the same time, if they go down, that's less probability of accidentally tk'ing me and more kills for me. And ya, that'd be alot of work putting a plugin just so I can be a medpack philanthropist.

I agree with what you siad about the foreign player. I myself speak English, French, pretty good with Spanish and some Portuguese so I am able to help out foreign players who speak any of those languages. I usually just experiment with each one and if they understand one of them then I'll tell them to type !medic. Not all people can do this, so having a "medpack" would make the job of members who are trying to help pubs easier if the foreign player doesn't understand. If it's too much work to develop the plugin then I'd say its not needed but if it won't take much effort then I'd say it would be a good addition to the server.

Add me on Steam @

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server