Filing a complaint about one of your admins

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Filing a complaint about one of your admins

Postby opeth » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 am

hey guys, been a long time player on the SRRP server (about 4 years on and off). i use to be part of another clan that some of the older members know, then it got disbanded and i stopped playing but i play on the SRRP server from time to time when im not busy with school, which isn't that often. ANYWAY, recently, an admin by the name of CHOPPA has been receiving a lot of complaints from myself and a lot of other players for camping. Yeah, its part of the game, but he takes it to another level when people directly complain to him. i was playing about 20 minutes ago and i complained to him on my mic and he replied along the lines of "the point of the game is to protect the tower and capture the flag and if you're not skilled enough to take me down then that's too bad" which is my opinion is already a little disrespectful coming from an admin saying that everyone else is the server is not skilled, but whatever, i dont care about that.

anyway, after that little talk, id guess about 10 minutes later i go into spectate because I had to send some text messages, and he ends up kicking me. i immediately rejoin and obviously I ask him why did he do that. CHOPPA intially replies in a condescending tone that he doesn't have to tell me and in which I reply through my mic, "yeah, you do." he then replies through his mic saying that he kicks people when the server is getting full. ok, let me get this straight, it is 2 AM in california, 5 AM on the east coast. during this time, barely anyone plays. there were 16/24 people in the server (werewolf being AFK in spectate like usual, and this is nowhere near full). Now tell me, at this time in the morning on a sunday, is the server really going to get full? and why only kick me if the server is "getting full" ? yeah, werewolf is an admin, but if the server was ACTAULLY getting full, wouldnt he want to make room for another player to join the game? he then went on and mocked how I use the word "dude" to refer to people, so i called him out for abusing his powers and he just fell silent. now, you can laugh at me, say that im crying over stupid stuff, but honestly, ive never encountered such disrespect from an admin, especially on this server. everyone has their bad days, but CHOPPA has shown me and other players disrespect on multiple occasions when he was called out.

let me reiterate this one more time, i've played on this server for four years. the only bad experiences ive had are with other players who were being idiots, never with an admin, until now. i'm not going to tell you guys what to do, but at least let CHOPPA know to get off his high horse and be respectful. but hey, id be bitter too if i spent all day on DOD:S at the top of the tower trying to get a 100-0 score with a sniper. anyway, that's all I have to say, probably not going to check this thread after I post this, just a friendly notification. happy holidays everyone!
opeth

Re: Filing a complaint about one of your admins

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:16 pm

First of all thanks for writing openly about all conceirns and taking your time. Your post shows, that you want to make things clear and want some answers. Let me try to clarify a few things:

opeth wrote:ok, let me get this straight, it is 2 AM in california, 5 AM on the east coast. during this time, barely anyone plays. there were 16/24 people in the server (werewolf being AFK in spectate like usual, and this is nowhere near full). Now tell me, at this time in the morning on a sunday, is the server really going to get full?

--> SRRPs server has members and players from all over the world. Even though there are differences in timezones, the server is barely empty. When we got around 2 am here in Germany, the server is full with people from the states. And when we got around 2 pm here, you will see many people from Europe... Therefore, the server can always get full, no matter what time we got.

and why only kick me if the server is "getting full" ? yeah, werewolf is an admin, but if the server was ACTAULLY getting full, wouldnt he want to make room for another player to join the game?

--> Yep true, but when you play since 4 years on our server, Im sure you already noticed that Werewolf also stays for a longer time in spectate. You cant expect from anyone to be online all the time. When the server gets full, all admins start kicking players who are afk. Nothing personal in my opinion...

happy holidays everyone!
--> Thanks mate, enjoy the time with your family and friends!

Im sure you will read other comments as well, but dont take anything personal. Remerber: Its just a game after all.....
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:30 am

Adding onto Neck, you should note that SRRP Members have the priority to the server. For example, why kick Werewolf when you have a guest in spectate? It's priority wise, and when the server is partially full, you tend to get kicked instead of put into spectate. CHOPPA is also well known for camping up top. It's actually fun taking him out, so in a way, you're training yourself to get better. He's a camper, yes, but no where in our server rules says that camping isn't allowed.
Col.Hydra

Postby Col. Communicator » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:15 pm

LOL....if you played for the past few years then you've also tried to knock Moarde off the 5th floor when he has a rocket. It's also close to impossible...but it is fun, and frustrating at times.These are the challenges that this server has. Spawn camping is part of this server that's why there is a flag in spawn. Also camping on top of the spawn points sucks if you're trying to get out of spawn. But you have to learn how to fight back and it DOES make you a better player. Also Swamp has told me that he kicks ALL admins below General that are in spectate if the server is getting filled up. As for admin disrespect that is a different issue. That's up to a General or higher to deal with and Choppa is a well respected admin and player here as far as I have seen. Maybe he was having a bad day...
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Coke » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Welcome to the internet. We like everyone to be respectful, but how CHOPPA plays the game is really none of your business. As long as somebody is playing within server rules, and actively playing, theres no reason to complain.

So, taking that into account:
- Choppa's "camping" is within server rules.
- Choppa is actively playing and participating in the game, as his contributions to his team are always positive (if you notice CHOPPA's team almost always wins)

Therefore, like you mentioned, when he receives "many complaints" for his strategy to win, its pretty frustrating. For anyone. Hes not breaking the rules, and god damn, his camping is the only reason why his team won't lose. The middle flag in orange tower is a pivotal control point; Any reasonable person could see that the point is the most crucial. Hence, defending it, with almost 0 chance of losing it, is probably the best strategy in the game. I wouldn't say you have "no right" to complain, but if you're going to make such an unreasonable complaint against his camping, he sure has the right to fire back at you with some spice. It sounds "disrespectful", but if you put yourself in his shoes, your complaining is also "disrespectful".

So for that, I'd say you got what you gave; Nobody is wrong, nobody is right. Just another day in the life of the internet gaming world.

As for the kicking, if the server is not full, we kick for recruiting reasons. We have game tracker, which tracks everyone's hours on the server. New recruits are required to have a certain amount of hours if they want to join the clan, and some people take advantage of this by AFKing and pretending they play for 24 hours a day. We don't really want that to happen, so as a result we kick. Also, spectators aren't playing, and they are just sitting there, so doing a little "clean up" isn't really abuse, just something every admin does. Even I do it.

I cannot GUARANTEE why CHOPPA kicked you, but as one of his supervisors I give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just another one of those "I'm gonna kick the spectators" moment.

Anyway, I thank you for voicing your opinion and telling us how you feel about CHOPPA. Its good feedback; Though it was negative content, you delivered it in a positive way and we will definitely taking this into account if any future complaints are made against CHOPPA.

However, I have also been playing four years on this server, and this "abuse" does not even compare to the abuse that I've seen in my time, whether its from this clan or another. This is simply you getting upset at CHOPPA for camping, and CHOPPA getting upset at you for calling him out on camping. When combined, both actions create some bad blood between you two, but thats all there is to it and theres really no abusing or disrespect from a neutral standpoint. I hope you can see it from my end, but should you encounter increased discomfort when playing with CHOPPA or any other admin, do let me know and I will personally investigate and/or assist you.

Thanks again for your time and effort to provide feedback to this clan and I hope you have a wonderful new year.
Coke

Postby Lt.Col.DaV3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:41 pm

I like to rush choppa off his tower too.
It's always a hard quest and good practice like hydra said haha
Lt.Col.DaV3
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Hydra » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Lt.Col.DaV3 wrote:I like to rush choppa off his tower too.
It's always a hard quest and good practice like hydra said haha

I enjoy taking him out, it's a small challenge for me :D

You just need to know how to do it ;)

Rifle nade up the ladder to top
> He runs away
>You move up
repeat
>kill him
Col.Hydra

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:33 pm

And dodge all bullets from his secondary weapon of panzerschreck. In matrixstyle ;)
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm

But Anyway the take home point of this is that any Admin will kick people in Spectator when the server is starting to get a bit full, We are just trying to make room for people that wish to activly play on our server, We will move AFK players into Spectator when There is room and I will left people go into Spec when there is a decent amount of room as well, but If that number rises I tend to kick anyone AFK for more than 5 minutes in Spawn and anyone in Spectator, You shouldn't try to connect Choppa Kicking you with your guys' relations Skill or Tactic or playing wise, I know It might be hard, but you can't take it personal. As well as SRRP Members have Priority Over Pubbers Server slot wise. In the end its just a game, Have a Happy New year, and Oh yeah Neck... :p

Gen.NeckBBreaker wrote:And dodge all bullets from his secondary weapon of panzerschreck. In matrixstyle ;)

In the Matrix one does not Dodge bullets, Neck, You Stop them in awesome slow motion xD Image
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Return to SRRP Clan & Server