SRRP Map Rotation

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Which maps would you like to see for SRRP Map Rotation?

Poll ended at Wed May 29, 2013 5:06 pm

1. dod_orange_the_tower_v3_op
23%
2. dod_orange_complex_adreV2
23%
3. OCD_Orange_Tower_V2
10%
4. dod_orange_the_tower_v4
17%
5. dod_donner
13%
6. dod_strand
No votes
7. dod_flash
6%
8. dod_foxhunt
8%

Total votes : 48

Re:

Postby Col.ChetHoppens » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm

frigileFrieda wrote:And don't put in the "ok, if you're not happy, leave!" argument,

ok, if you're not happy, start your own server, we'll be happy to provide the map to you.
Thank you for your continued support of SRRP. :thumbup:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Documentary version; http://youtu.be/FxPeHqH4XxI
Hollywood version; http://youtu.be/LzKr_uP6lAg
Col.ChetHoppens
SRRP Officer

Re:

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:10 pm

frigileFrieda wrote:So, its all about the rank? You earn money by that?

It was fine all years with the tower map as standard. You could have opened a 2nd server with rotation. Why should people espacially join SRRP server now... i just don't get your point. There were enough regular players who joined every day and many of them aren't happy with the rotation now.

And don't put in the "ok, if you're not happy, leave!" argument, you can say the same to the people, who weren't happy with tower v3.

No, it has nothing to do with money. You think by running a server you automatically make money? It's all through donations.

As for a 2nd server, that was done before and failed miserably. Not enough admins to keep it stable, not enough players, etc. There are TK'ers and hackers who get in the server, do harm, and quickly leave before an admin can take action. And that's with one server, it would be very tough if we had 2.

And no, I won't put in the "ok, if you're not happy, leave!" phrase because no one is forcing you to play on our server. Simple as that.
Col.Hydra

Re: Re:

Postby Col.Stohr (RO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Lt.Col.ChetHoppens wrote:
frigileFrieda wrote:And don't put in the "ok, if you're not happy, leave!" argument,

ok, if you're not happy, start your own server, we'll be happy to provide the map to you.
Thank you for your continued support of SRRP. :thumbup:

Exactly. Anyone playing on any server is a 'guest' & has the right to make a request & that's all. To make demands like an owner that pays all the bills is a little over the top. Show a little respect here for being "allowed" to play on the SRRP server & stop with all the juvey demands. :shh:
Col.Stohr (RO)

Re:

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm

It was fine all years with the tower map as standard. You could have opened a 2nd server with rotation. Why should people espacially join SRRP server now... i just don't get your point. There were enough regular players who joined every day and many of them aren't happy with the rotation now.

And don't put in the "ok, if you're not happy, leave!" argument, you can say the same to the people, who weren't happy with tower v3.

Yes. lol We earn money. And lots of it as well.

The only income is through donations and donations are put to the cost of the server and team speak server. You know there is another server that runs orange tower 24/7: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 136:27415/ The rank is important because it shows that a higher number of players are playing on our server than before. We'd much rather cater to more people and let more people have a enjoyable experience on our server than leave it on a 24/7 map where not as many people play. Where's the sense in having a lower rank? Higher rank=more players=better DoD:S experience for more people. :)
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Re:

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I haven't gotten a raise in years. :(

I need to talk to Swamp about this! :evil: :lol:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Re: SRRP Map Rotation

Postby GAMED » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 am

hello guys, i hope its the right section im writing this in...

but im thinking about, if its possible to try a new map " dod_snowbridge" like in the riddick server.... idk why, but i think it will have succes many ppls loves the map =)

any opinions?
NO MATTER HOW FAR OR HOW FAST YOUR RUN. THE WORLD ISN´T BIG ENOUGH TO HIDE YOU FROM ME
GAMED

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 am

well i have play that map many times and i will kill you to much on that map hehe. well joke a side. i dont think is a good as there is only 2 sniper on the teams. but i am up for it anyways
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 am

Pfc.GAMED wrote:hello guys, i hope its the right section im writing this in...

but im thinking about, if its possible to try a new map " dod_snowbridge" like in the riddick server.... idk why, but i think it will have succes many ppls loves the map =)

any opinions?

It's nothing but a camping sniper map. I can only tolerate it for about 15 minutes on Riddick's server. If you didn't get to your "spot" at the start of the map you're nothing but target practice for those who did; and with a limit on snipers it's hopeless.
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Col.Stohr (RO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Gen.Asty wrote:It's nothing but a camping sniper map. I can only tolerate it for about 15 minutes on Riddick's server. If you didn't get to your "spot" at the start of the map you're nothing but target practice for those who did; and with a limit on snipers it's hopeless.

I would tend to agree. I have to be in the right state of mind to tolerate that virtual environment. I you want to sit back, relax & not have to think too much then that map is ok, but if you're in the frame of mind where you need a lot of action and movement then forget it.
Col.Stohr (RO)

Postby GAMED » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Gen.Cannafix wrote:well i have play that map many times and i will kill you to much on that map hehe. well joke a side. i dont think is a good as there is only 2 sniper on the teams. but i am up for it anyways

You wish ;) - i Will Down you so easy

But if not im wrong, you Can change the limites from map to map ;)
NO MATTER HOW FAR OR HOW FAST YOUR RUN. THE WORLD ISN´T BIG ENOUGH TO HIDE YOU FROM ME
GAMED

PreviousNext

Return to SRRP Clan & Server