SRRP Map Rotation

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Which maps would you like to see for SRRP Map Rotation?

Poll ended at Wed May 29, 2013 5:06 pm

1. dod_orange_the_tower_v3_op
23%
2. dod_orange_complex_adreV2
23%
3. OCD_Orange_Tower_V2
10%
4. dod_orange_the_tower_v4
17%
5. dod_donner
13%
6. dod_strand
No votes
7. dod_flash
6%
8. dod_foxhunt
8%

Total votes : 48

Re: SRRP Map Rotation

Postby Slaughter » Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 am

I think it would be very good for our server if we tried some rotation. Because if the pubs dont like the map, it will change shortly.
We have alot of different opinions on the maps we can offer, so i think it might even get more players to our server.
Slaughter.

Prison will be safer.
Slaughter

Postby Slaughter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:26 pm

When is this going to happend?
Slaughter.

Prison will be safer.
Slaughter

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:56 pm

well I was busy all day today, and im dead tired now. so ill probably set it up some time tomorrow.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Forgot about it on sunday was really busy again, however its all set now the map cycle is TowerOP, Complex_adreV2, TowerV4, Donner, OCD Tower V2, and I did Orange Foxhunt instead of the regular one.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Col.Hydra » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 am

The server all day yesterday was active and even with different maps, the server was 21/24. I think this is working good so far.
Col.Hydra

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 am

Today one just asked why we changed it all and said everyone is playing on our server because of the _op map. I made a vote map to _op and the map changed with 88% voting for yes. 2 hours before, the server was empty. Might just be coincedence though.
I will take a look the next days, especially European afternoon time.
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby Col.ChetHoppens » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 pm

When I was on last night, the drumbeat was "rtv" ... I'm actually glad it's not on there, saves the distraction of voting. As well, you can just say "sorry, it's on a rotation and will change soon". I have noticed more "has joined", then shortly thereafter the same person "has left". Will be interesting to see what the stats are for a 3-day period.

There will be a 'learning curve' ... people enjoy our tower map because they know every crevice by heart, so in that aspect, it will just take a little time for everyone to learn the new maps. (new to our server)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Documentary version; http://youtu.be/FxPeHqH4XxI
Hollywood version; http://youtu.be/LzKr_uP6lAg
Col.ChetHoppens
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.Adrenaline » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Gen.NeckBBreaker wrote:Today one just asked why we changed it all and said everyone is playing on our server because of the _op map. I made a vote map to _op and the map changed with 88% voting for yes. 2 hours before, the server was empty. Might just be coincedence though.
I will take a look the next days, especially European afternoon time.

I'm keeping my eyes open too, if i notice something unusual (like an empty server and stuff) i'll post it right here.
Adrenaline
Senior General
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack
Lt.Gen.Adrenaline
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Stohr (RO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 pm

When the rotation gets to maps like donner and flash mostly non-members complain & ask for an admin to change the map because many players don't like the old traditional maps. Personally, I don't mind them & am inclined to let them play out.

If we're not going to have rtv, then I don't think we should be frivolously changing maps on a whim. If, as admins, we change the map, it should be by majority request & we don't have the time to be asking each & every player if they would like a map change. That's why rtv was developed, but since we're not going to be using it, we should let all maps play out under normal circumstances. When I'm the only admin on, AND, there are a large number of players on, I won't change it, but sometimes another admin will during that time if there's one on. If I'm playing with, say, 3 or 4 players on each team & one of them requests a map change I will usually accommodate them provided no one present complains.

We need to set some guidelines on doing this otherwise it'll end up being nothing but a map rotation free-for-all.
Col.Stohr (RO)

Postby StaticX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 pm

There is no need for additional guidelines. This has already been addressed in the Admins forum but I will quote here.

Map change rules.

SRRP is well-known for consistently running the Orange Tower map. In general, the map should not be changed, as many members and regular players leave the server (or don't join it) if a different map is being run.

With that said, it is fine to occasionally switch maps for a short time if the players online want something different. Here are the rules and procedures that must be used to initiate a map change.

The map can only be changed from the default using the map vote feature in the admin menu. If 60% of the online players vote yes, the map will be automatically changed.
Whoever changes the map must switch it back to the default map using the change map command in the admin menu (Server commands -> Choose Map -> dod_orange_the_tower_v3__op).
Friendly fire must never be taken off.
StaticX

PreviousNext

Return to SRRP Clan & Server