Suicide nading should be discouraged

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Suicide nading should be discouraged

Postby King Obama » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Players who solely suicide nade should be discouraged from doing so.

First, what is suicide nading? It describes the strategy where the player merely runs while priming a nade with the objective of killing as many enemies as possible. On the surface this seems like a harmless and legitimate strategy. However, aside from the fact that it's really annoying, there are two very good reasons why it should be discouraged.

1. Collateral Damage - Suicide naders consistently kill their own teammates and they don't really have sufficient incentive to take care to prevent that. It's not enough that they lose 1 kill for every teammate they kill because suicide naders net more kills than they lose by suicide nading. Today I asked "nobody" (the player) why he kept suicide nading when he had killed his own teammate (Swampfox) enough times to dominate him 3 times over. Nobody replied "It's war. It happens. Besides, I apologize. It's just a risk I'm willing to take." Swampfox did not seem appeased by this answer. I replied to nobody "but are your teammates willing to take that risk? After all, they are the ones being affected." Nobody responds "Who cares what they think." Zeus, the worst offender, remarked "if teammates want to avoid getting tked by us (suicide naders) then they should just stay out of the water." There has to come a point where playing recklessly constitutes intentional tking, even if followed by an apology.
2. Clears out the server - The team being subjected to the suicide nading generally gets frustrated and starts leaving the server, as I just now witnessed.

To combat this problem, you need a rule against playing recklessly. Perhaps handing out day-long bans to players who, after being warned, continue to kill teammates with their nades at an unacceptable rate.

Need more evidence this is a problem? Just take a look at the scoreboard with the two worse suicide nade offenders. They are clearly contributing nothing to their teams. Though this does tend to show that they do not net more kills than they lose from suicide nading.

This is me.
King Obama

Re: Suicide nading should be discouraged

Postby Col.ChetHoppens » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 am

It's a tactic, same as any other weapon. You dislike it because it's a sucker shot to your kidney.

Deal with it. It can be countered, figure it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Documentary version; http://youtu.be/FxPeHqH4XxI
Hollywood version; http://youtu.be/LzKr_uP6lAg
Col.ChetHoppens
SRRP Officer

Postby King Obama » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 am

Col.ChetHoppens wrote:It's a tactic, same as any other weapon. You dislike it because it's a sucker shot to your kidney.

Except, as I explained, it has a much higher chance of resulting in team killing than any other weapon. Especially since the server uses buffed nades.

Frankly, it's not a legit strategy and there really is no counter. This is evident by the fact that you couldn't explain how to counter it. But this is all beside the point because I'm not arguing that it should be discouraged because it is annoying or an illegitimate tactic. I'm arguing it should be discouraged because it amounts to intentional tking by recklessness and it empties out the server.

As bad as it is to be on the team being suicide naded, it's almost as bad to be on the team of the suicide naders. They really couldn't give two shits less about killing teammates in the process. As long as they apologize, they believe they are following server rules. They even tell their teammates to avoid the water if they don't want to get tked. If you honestly think that the water should be reserved for suicide naders, then just lol.

So how about you read the full post this time chet and address the points? This time be mindful that a response about the "legitimacy" of the tactic is irrelevant.
This is me.
King Obama

Postby Maj.Gen.Franks & Beans » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:34 pm

That's another slam to another admin on our forums. There are a few here who have more tolerance of your posts. You do not dictate how the server runs nor do you need to post your interpretation of our rules.
Maj.Gen.Franks & Beans

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Col.ChetHoppens wrote:It's a tactic, same as any other weapon. You dislike it because it's a sucker shot to your kidney.

Agreed Chet, This won't be discouraged, it's a style of playing the game.

Along with Franks & Beans said, you should really stop what you're doing Obama.
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Return to SRRP Clan & Server