/vote kick

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

/vote kick

Postby Copy Ninja » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi ladies,

Since my application to the SRRP community and even before, I encoutered many guys and girls who were "teamkilling", "overtalking" nonsenses with their microphone and insulting our members. Some of them are using abusives, racist or offensives usernames and I didn't had the possibility to talk to them, or kick them when the gameplay began to be sour and unpleasant. I just ragequit when there's no possibility to play harmoniously (I'm not a guy who ragequit easely unless for Darksouls or Ninja Gaiden II, but when I do it's for a reason like these). Thats why I came with the idea of being able to add the option of /votekick, which will let us kick someone with the consentement of every player or the majority of them when no admin are present. I'm pretty sure this idea has already being told by someone (I did not use the search button :P :twisted: I'm sorry for being a bad SRRP :cry: ) but I wanted to ask again and have the opinion of the new commers as well in order to have a complete answer to this question/idea. So yeah.. that's it, what do you think ladies?

Meeehhh

Goat Ninja
Copy Ninja
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: /vote kick

Postby Cpl.Bajeezus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:46 am

The majority of the time that I'm online and there is an issue, someone with sufficient rank to kick/ban players is also online to deal with it. At other times, I can easily ask for someone through the Steam chat system. I don't remember the server ever having had a /votekick option, even when I think back to 2011( :think: at least I don't remember one), and I don't see any reason it would need one now. Why change a system that works?

In any case, I've played games where people could be vote kicked (and even vote banned :!: ) and it can easily be abused.

It might not be my place to post this rebuke to your suggestion, but I do have a strong opinion on this topic. No hard feelings. Also, I feel like this should be placed under the SRRP Clan & Server thread, not the Website Support thread.

Thank you for your time and have a good day :D
Cpl.Bajeezus

Postby Copy Ninja » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 am

Cpl.Bajeezus,

You're right and wrong at the same time. it's wise to say that we should not change a system that works well. But in the other hand, we could improve that system or at least try it and see the differences between having one and not. In case of abuse, I think we could put some scripts or something that keep us from voting more than once in a game (something like that) in order to be fair and let us talk to each other instead of votekicking all the time. Also, I don't think that a /voteban should exist because it's too much power for people unaware of the consequences and more. We should restricted ourselves to the /votekick or even more, to a /votemute.

Finaly, your answer adds a lot of other questions which makes me think a lot about the subject and I thank you for that, It gives us more details to review before attempting any decisions. And you're right about the fact that this topic should not be here :lol: Can someone move it to the proper section of the forum?

Thank you again mate.
Copy Ninja

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:57 pm

We have discussed having votekick on the server before, and it always came around to one point. Does the potential for gain out weight the potential for abuse? It was decided that it does not, even with your suggested restriction it is still easily abused ex. start a votekick, wait for results, leave server, rejoin server, start a votekick, repeat. The system we use now encourages our members to get to know one another and to expand their friends list with SRRP members. In the instances where non are available on your friends list that is what the forums are for, grab the persons STEAMID and post a ban request. I doubt votekick will be added any time soon, and in my opinion it is a tool for lazy admins/server managers who don't want to police their own server.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Gen.ConnorMacManus wrote:We have discussed having votekick on the server before, and it always came around to one point. Does the potential for gain out weight the potential for abuse? It was decided that it does not, even with your suggested restriction it is still easily abused ex. start a votekick, wait for results, leave server, rejoin server, start a votekick, repeat. The system we use now encourages our members to get to know one another and to expand their friends list with SRRP members. In the instances where non are available on your friends list that is what the forums are for, grab the persons STEAMID and post a ban request. I doubt votekick will be added any time soon, and in my opinion it is a tool for lazy admins/server managers who don't want to police their own server.

I agree wholeheartedly with Connor. We have legions of admins in this clan and I don't feel we've had a serious lapse in admining lately. I remember Hannibal mentioned an incident a few weeks ago and I can't remember anything like that in the past and don't foresee it happening often enough to justify /votekick.

Besides the admin union wouldn't stand for it. :lol:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby 1000RR » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:38 am

I find that me and Swamp are usually on late US TZ when there aren't many admins online, some sort of limited privileges would be nice to deal with people, vote change maps, move afk, etc. but not ban...not sure if it's possible- otherwise I just record demo's for disruptive players and make do.
1000RR

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 am

those privileges start at SGT rank
[SRRP]2nd Lt.East-Raven (RO)
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Copy Ninja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 am

After a wise thinking, a vote kick is too much power for people who are unaware of our server's health and stability. There's too much issues to deal with. It's our responsability to report the people who are abusing with their microphones or who are Tking. The tools are here, we have a forum, we have amazing admins who do a remarquable work. I think that the only way to get rid of people who are abusing is diplomacy. We have to use our head and our talking skills instead of using a vote kick. And It's logical, we have to tell someone that he's not pkaying by the rules in order to make him change his behaviour. If we kick him instead without letting him know why, he will come back angry and mess up more. Still, we can gain some power by being more active in the forum and the game wich will grant us the possibility to mute or kick temporarly someone. And I think it's the best way to calm down people who are messing up.
Copy Ninja

Return to SRRP Clan & Server