new map fail

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

new map fail

Postby Sniperkillz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 pm

As i heard the mayhem map and the new updated map has failed
ppl are not likeing a change in maps there are use to the same map _op
& reason y i myself spent time on these maps to help srrp to a better stand so ppl
don’t complain about the same old map over & over again i think ppl like the map _op as well as i do
but all the time is to much gets boring after awhile
& trust when i say I’m not mad no hard feeling here just discouraged
if any one take this post as neeing mean then U SUCK
lol good luck guys with the server and all glad to be a help bye guy's
have a marry xmas
[SRRP]Col.ڱŋίρєяҚillz (Retired)
Sniperkillz

Re: new map fail

Postby Col.Hydra » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:56 pm

I love your maps. I like Mayhem more than op.. So much better, people need to get used to change.

BTW, why do you have 2 Duplicate threads?
Col.Hydra

Postby Sniperkillz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 pm

done on mistake soory
Sniperkillz

Postby Sgt.HaMmEr » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:30 pm

i like the new map aslo but i think all the ppl that join to play op like the fact of the map letting you spawn raid. i dont know you cant make ppl join if they dont like change :(
Sgt.HaMmEr
SRRP Officer

Postby pvt. peanutpancakez » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:14 am

I enjoyed having the new maps sniper, you did a good job on them. :thumbup:
pvt. peanutpancakez

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:23 am

Sgt.HaMmEr wrote:i like the new map aslo but i think all the ppl that join to play op like the fact of the map letting you spawn raid. i dont know you cant make ppl join if they dont like change :(

I think Hammer is right. I can see no other reason why not to like your map. The spawn rapists must have left the server and enjoyed the easy kills from doing that. They loved the random, effortless, and skill-less nade and rocket blast kills. You and I preferring to be snipers hate spawn raping and enjoy savoring our kills we actually work at getting by aiming at our targets 8-) . We appreciate each other's shots since we understand the skill and effort that went into making them. Unfortunately it seems we are the minority.

If you're up to doing yet another modification to the map (can't blame you if you're not), you probably need to remove that wall in front of the spawn allowing full entry and rapage but keep that passage that leads out to the water as an alternative exit.

I also detected another reason why not so many people are in the server now. I was playing on another server and bumped into a former regular named ErroneousWin. You may remember him. I asked him why he didn't play on our server anymore and he said it was because he got some error trying to download the new maps. He didn't get into detail as to what the error was and therefore couldn't troubleshoot it with me. I know once in a while an error occurs that the map on your computer doesn't match the server's and an error shows up and does not fix itself. It's the only error I can think of that could have stopped someone in their tracks like that from playing that involved a map change. I think you may have changed the map once but didn't change the name causing the mismatch. I can't remember if that actually happened though. A couple days of a mismatched map multiplied across 30+ novice computer user regulars equals them being gone. With the demographic of our server's regulars being fairly young and some not all very tech saavy, other players may be having this problem as well but won't or can't just delete the file from their Steam directories and redownload it to solve the problem. However as a map designer I don't see what you can do to prevent this from happening other than be sure to change the map name somehow for each revision you do.

As for me, I love your new maps and only hate your bullet-proof railings which I already addressed with you. :lol: However I have adapted my tactics with the railings and have used them to my advantage once in a while. I hope this hasn't disillusioned you from making more maps in the future. We needed something different than OP once in a while.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sniperkillz!
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Sniperkillz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:56 pm

map loading it could have been cuz the redirect serve r wasn’t working right i and Connor fixed that issue i have seen a big difference in the income players and some said the same thing they tryed to get it they get the error missing map wich i know now sence the fast download server was fixed there not getting that error cuz i watch the server hlsw on client connecting
which came an issue but i know what ur saying and u are correct asty i was not trying to be mean on my last post it just me i fond on the work i do now on tried something like the post i maid 12/25/11//12:00.pm 35 views 4 post i look at it like umm ok 35 ppl read it and don’t reply to it .surprised as a clan if more ppl give the ideas or suggestion as a team it would have been better and i really than u asty for ur reply it helps me on what ppl think and i thank all others for your post really do/
now i don’t know what ppl think about the fast sown load server but i myself over hear a conversation about it and gen wolf said it was sencitive issue as in ? please explain .I’m telling u srrp will go forward with the fast download server u watch different maps now and then and other thing will be so much faster even with noobs that just start play dods they will play on other server they would like srrp more and play more cuz of different thing thats on the server but any ways i wouldn’t mind fixing the map like taking the walls out of spawn lol with the fast download server map beta testing is a blast new thing new ideas funer server /you guy let me know what u want i do it cuz as a admin-col i will do my best to help srrp go forward until someone tell me to stop that my help isnt need right now them ill stop then let it be and for the map name i have no choice to but to change the name of the map if isn’t i wouldn’t be able to load the map with SDK..how many members would like to reload the garand weapon for sample

PS. i wana think every for helping me on map beta testing and ideas
i am glad to say ADMIN SKINS are now working * very happy to say i did get public skins to work yes i said public
Reason to be as I read and search the web for a long time to get public skins to work. I will be post on three main sights
for skins/mods /setting /strings and my full copy web to sights bout it when I’m fully done with it
i would be adding at least 5 custom skins that a player can choose from when the choose a team only
but i wil add all my setting folders sp of my working copy:) if srrp would like the skins your for then welcome to have them .i myself would have to do it unless u know how if something goes wrong & file are not put in the right place lol u will be redoing ur steam dods as in reinstall not cool but for me its simple

Next will be WEAPON SKINS & this know one i i know has this working for a server
and thats sgt/pankacke for it hlep last night for testing the pulic skins thx man
Sniperkillz

Postby DannyGlover » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 pm

I agree with asty and hammer the only people that you have lost other than the matching file problem are spawn campers. I notice when the maps cycle they leave on the new one and when they are asked to stop camping and win they mock you or just leave.

So far from what I've seen your maps and ideas are awesome I had a blast with the jet packs that night. Once you work out the kinks more Will join. Also look at what maps u can actually spawn camp on there sent many.
DannyGlover

Return to SRRP Clan & Server