Headshot's Autoexec.cfg

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Headshot's Autoexec.cfg

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 am

Hi everyone,
So recently I went through my autexec.cfg file for dod:s and I updated and tidied it. I run dods at over 500 frames per second on average and I only ever lag on my side when the whole server is lagging, which isn't that often. A lot of the reason why I run dods well is because of my lengthy, detailed autoexec.cfg that I use. For those who don't know or need clarification, an autoexec.cfg file is a file in your dods directory with commands that are automatically executed as soon as you start dods. Not everyone has one of these and you need to make one. My autoexec.cfg is a combination of some extracts of cannafix's (that he posted a long time ago somewhere on the forums), and my own. A lot of time has gone into the creation of it and it has paid off, for me at least.

For anyone that wants to try it out to see what dods is like for me, download the file and copy it to this directory:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Day of Defeat Source\dod\cfg

NOTE: Make sure you backup your own autoexec.cfg, if you have one, before using mine.

If you do intend to use it, please make sure that you go through it first and look at the parts that say "EDIT OR DELETE IF NEEDED" because there are some parts of it that are custom for my preference (mouse settings, cross hair settings, custom binds). If you have any questions about what anything means in the config or need clarification of anything of the sort, please don't hesitate to ask me. I posted this for anyone to use or modify if they want so they can maximize fps and the fluidity of their game play. Also, you want to have a custom autoexec.cfg, using extracts from mine or without certain aspects of mine, let me know and I'll make one for you. Hope it helps. :)
Attachments
autoexec.cfg
(9.3 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Re: Headshot's Autoexec.cfg

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 am

nice work :-)

I have put it in the guide topic as well :-)
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Return to SRRP Clan & Server