Tactical Defending

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Tactical Defending

Postby VanCleef » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I see a lot of frustration with friendly players about being spawn camped or teammates not trying to break out of spawn. I think their is a difference between sitting in spawn because you don't want to die and sitting in spawn to defend the first flag. I am one of the few players who does not mind being pinned in spawn because it forces the enemy into a bottleneck, allows me to grab a load of flag defenses, while not losing a positive K/D i have built up prior. Theoretically, it would be impossible to cap the first flag with a skilled team defending it because of the change class respawn mechanic, which for those who do not know, allows for an instant spawn after changing your class IF you are in spawn. The mechanic is so useful for defending that i have keybound it for those tight situation. Now some people feel the need to push out of spawn and break the deadlock, which is fine, but without someone who knows what they are doing guarding the first while their team tries to break out, the flag can be easily stolen which is how most games end. :clap: :twisted: :idea:
I live in the Water, I hide in the spawn, you stand no chance. My K/D ratio will be your end!
VanCleef

Re: Tactical Defending

Postby VanCleef » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Been getting a lot of in-game feedback with this new Strategy, and it all seems to boil down to the Class Respawn mechanic, I admit,yeah, it is a bit unfair to the attackers but when you allow spawn camping I believe you should do anything to get out of the situation or be able to effectively defend the enclave of spawn. This also allows for an effective defense against attempts on the second flag. :clap: :twisted:
I live in the Water, I hide in the spawn, you stand no chance. My K/D ratio will be your end!
VanCleef

Postby VanCleef » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm

The respawn mechanic is the problem for sure.
Last edited by VanCleef on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VanCleef

Postby 2nd.Lt.bare_arsed_tedda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:06 pm

my strategy for pinned spawn is to keep spamming nades outside of spawn all over. how i do this is i take the BAR/Stg.44 class, throw a nade into 2nd, throw the other nade outside whereever then i spawn into the smg class, pop a smoke for cover and go back to assault class and repeat the nades, back to smg and pop another smoke in front assuming the first smoke is still lingering and make a mad dash into the water, then take out anyone from opposing spawn and make my way up to 5th on tower and if i pick up any long guns usually pick off the offenders and give teammates room to breathe. after playing a while you'll develop all sorts of strategies and you can predict the way the other team plays pretty easily
2nd.Lt.bare_arsed_tedda
SRRP Officer

Postby VanCleef » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Be careful not to Grenade spam, I do not like our using grenades in spawn, just never works in my experience as it ends up killing teammates and such. And I never use smoke defensively as it makes it easier for the attacking team to kill anyone who comes out of smoke and allows for them to sneak into our first through our own smoke. :lol: :clap: Thanks for the feedback.
VanCleef

Return to SRRP Clan & Server