2 ideas for the server (Tryharding,Suicide nading)

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

2 ideas for the server (Tryharding,Suicide nading)

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Wed May 04, 2016 9:49 am

Hey Guys!
I've been thinking for a while, on how to reduce the amount of "suicide naders" and increase the amount of people "tryharding". We all know the frustration of being chased by a guy with a grenade pulled, just waiting to blow up.

I've thought of 2 ideas

1. DEFEATING SUICIDE NADING
Increase the rank points lost, from "suicide nading". I know 3 players on the server, tend to do this often, and they play to win and to have a good rank. Increasing the point lost, would hopefully reduce the amount of incidents, or even stop it completely.

2. GET MORE TRYHARDERS
This suggestion is solely based on my own experience as a server owner, and as a player.
Adding Quake sounds (This https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=224316) to the server, such as Monsterkill, Wickedsick, Double Kill and so on.
When i started playing DOD:S, i didn't really improve my play in any way. But when i got onto a server, which had these sounds, i immedietly wanted to improve to achieve those "super awesome sounds". And i have seen this tendency as a server owner aswell, when i had my server going from 2008 to 2011.

This was just my ideas, while randomly theorycrafting. I would love to hear your guys' suggestions, to how we can improve the server!
Any criticism towards my ideas are welcome! As i said, it's just my thought :D

Thanks for reading, and have a great day! :thumbup:
//Carnage
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Re: 2 ideas for the server (Tryharding,Suicide nading)

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Wed May 04, 2016 11:29 am

Carnage wrote:Hey Guys!
I've been thinking for a while, on how to reduce the amount of "suicide naders" and increase the amount of people "tryharding". We all know the frustration of being chased by a guy with a grenade pulled, just waiting to blow up.

I've thought of 2 ideas

Increase the rank points lost, from "suicide nading". I know 3 players on the server, tend to do this often, and they play to win and to have a good rank. Increasing the point lost, would hopefully reduce the amount of incidents, or even stop it completely.

2. GET MORE TRYHARDERS
This suggestion is solely based on my own experience as a server owner, and as a player.
Adding Quake sounds (This https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=224316) to the server, such as Monsterkill, Wickedsick, Double Kill and so on.
When i started playing DOD:S, i didn't really improve my play in any way. But when i got onto a server, which had these sounds, i immedietly wanted to improve to achieve those "super awesome sounds". And i have seen this tendency as a server owner aswell, when i had my server going from 2008 to 2011.

This was just my ideas, while randomly theorycrafting. I would love to hear your guys' suggestions, to how we can improve the server!

//Carnage

They are well thought out suggestions. For the first one, I could be wrong but I'm quite sure the way points are distributed in the ranking system is built in to the rank plugin for the server. This means that only the creator(s) of the plugin can make alterations to it. I'm unsure if there are options to change the how many points are lost/gained for deaths, kills, suicides, etc but only our server manager can tell you that.

I would support the server sounds only if each person had the option to disable them on entry to the server. I'm sure some people would love it, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me but I know some people would find the sounds annoying. The only other problem I see with that is that the server is already unstable as is; lag, crashes, etc. Adding another plugin wouldn't exactly help but could just add to the clutter and may even worsen the gameplay on the server (not that in can get much worse than it currently is). I could only see the quake sounds happening if the server was consistently running smoothly, a high % of the clan was on board for it and there was the option for people to disable it if they want.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby Capt.DoctorT » Wed May 04, 2016 12:40 pm

I agree, lets fix the server and then add some cool features...
Capt.DoctorT
SRRP Officer

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Wed May 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx wrote:
Carnage wrote:Hey Guys!

I've thought of 2 ideas

2. GET MORE TRYHARDERS

//Carnage

They are well thought out suggestions. For the first one, I could be wrong but I'm quite sure the way points are distributed in the ranking system is built in to the rank plugin for the server. This means that only the creator(s) of the plugin can make alterations to it. I'm unsure if there are options to change the how many points are lost/gained for deaths, kills, suicides, etc but only our server manager can tell you that.

I would support the server sounds only if each person had the option to disable them on entry to the server. I'm sure some people would love it, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me but I know some people would find the sounds annoying. The only other problem I see with that is that the server is already unstable as is; lag, crashes, etc. Adding another plugin wouldn't exactly help but could just add to the clutter and may even worsen the gameplay on the server (not that in can get much worse than it currently is). I could only see the quake sounds happening if the server was consistently running smoothly, a high % of the clan was on board for it and there was the option for people to disable it if they want.

For the first one. There should be either a php, html or json file where the points can be adjusted (from the plugin i had). Don't know about the version you guys use though.

For the 2nd. If you get the Quake sounds on the server, it is pretty easy to turn them off. Just write "!quake" in chat and press sound off. :)
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby S/Sgt.Rat » Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 pm

I for one find "monster kill etc very annoying after the first time or 2 so I appreciate the info on how to turn it off. I will be writing that down.
As to a constructive suggestion, at one time servers were set up so if you tried a team kill the one doing the team killing took the damage. Is that still possible? Might eliminate some trolls and make people a little more careful in nade use. Accidents happen but some naders are way too indiscriminate.
S/Sgt.Rat
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 pm

S/Sgt.Rat wrote:As to a constructive suggestion, at one time servers were set up so if you tried a team kill the one doing the team killing took the damage. Is that still possible? Might eliminate some trolls and make people a little more careful in nade use. Accidents happen but some naders are way too indiscriminate.

I think think this is a better idea, with the amount of accidental team wounding that occurs, it should encourage people to be more careful. I think the same principle applies though; the server is currently unstable. Additional plugins should only be considered once things are running smoothly for a while.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Wed May 04, 2016 11:38 pm

If we were to add another plugin, like the one you are talking about. Then we might aswell get a plugin, to either "Forgive TK" or "Don't forgive" something like this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=113920. And after x numbers of unforgiven tk's, the player is banned for an hour or longer.
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Werewolf » Thu May 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Gentlemen,

These are all great suggestions. In particular, thank you Carnage for yours.

I've been communicating with Swamp and Connor to fix the basic problems with our server. Thank you DocT for your offer, as well. Once we get the server stable, we can consider some add-ons. For the moment, people simply need to play.
General Werewolf
Gen.Werewolf
SRRP Senior General

Postby Capt.DoctorT » Thu May 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks, I was starting to think I was alone out here. I did check on the NFO Servers and they have a great reputation and an excellent price...just letting you guys know.
Capt.DoctorT
SRRP Officer

Postby Brig.Gen.Hoosbinpharteen » Wed May 11, 2016 8:32 pm

I love the idea of damage coming back onto tker's. In the mean time i'm with you Wolf lets get the server re-populated after this last ping issue. Seems like players are coming back pretty quickly thankfully.
Brig.Gen.Hoosbinpharteen
SRRP General

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server