Possibly add a couple more maps to rotation?

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Possibly add a couple more maps to rotation?

Postby S/Sgt.Rat » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Just a proposal for consideration. Would anyone else like to see a couple more maps in the rotation? I'm not saying we need dozens of maps but maybe 3 to 4? I have been going to another server (hangs head in shame) :crazy: simply because I get bored with the same old thing. Everybody knows tower inside and out and for myself the novelty is worn off. If one team gets penned up in spawn it just becomes a nade fest. and it happens a lot because teams get stacked.
Don't every one throw eggs at once but what do you think? :thumbdown: :thumbup:
S/Sgt.Rat
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: Possibly add a couple more maps to rotation?

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:26 am

In my personal opinion, I believe people come to play the Tower map, and the map usually changes when some of the admins gets online. So I wouldn't think it's needed :)
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:37 am

I think we should rotate between the current tower map and the one we tested (with people like Hannibal, Patjeffe (I think he was there), and JL Picard). The two are very different maps and change the way the game is played.
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Here it is fella's

We tried rotation a couple of years ago and lost players when the map switched.
Yes some players want a rotation but some do not. Either way we can't make everyone happy with this event.
To alleviate this we have given permission to put up a map vote with the following exceptions:
1) Always make the Orange Tower map, dod_orange_the_tower_v3__op one of the choices. This gives those players wanting to
stay on the tower map a say.
2) Do not change maps no less than 1/2 hour of play - we do not want a constant change. Players will differently leave.
3) Do not abuse this privilege.
4) Do not rally for a specific map - let the players make their on choice.
5) Limit choice to three - four maps including the Orange Tower map, dod_orange_the_tower_v3__op.

Remember we do want to make the players happy - please proceed with the above and if any questions please contact me.
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby Capt. Aj0509 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 pm

So what happens usually when I get online is:
1: I will play a full game of the Normal v3_op
2: Start a vote to see how many actually want a new map (Above 70% must be yes)
3: Ask for map options
4: Have v3_op as option number 5 because it is needed in the map vote
5: Let the community decide what map they want

I feel that a lot of people enjoy when I do this, but if we begin to lose too many player, I will eventually switch the map back to the original one and let the game fill up again.
Experienced Admin
____________________________________________________________________________________
Fight with the best! Or die like the rest!
____________________________________________________________________________________
Rejoined: 2013 - Present
Officer: September 2nd, 2016
Capt. Aj0509
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Having a map vote should not be a common occurrence. People come to our server to play the v3_op map.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby S/Sgt.Rat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:41 pm

You all make valid points so I will just drag my little rat tail off and shut up. Just wanted to get a consensus.
See you in game.
S/Sgt.Rat

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx wrote:Having a map vote should not be a common occurrence. People come to our server to play the v3_op map.

I completely agree. I know what drew me to this server and most importantly, what kept me here and got me into the Clan was this map. The fact that we do get a pretty packed server almost daily must say something about it.

Yes, it's a good idea to have multiple maps available for use but personally, I agree that map votes should be far and few unless a consensus is reached with most of the server.

Rat- don't feel bad, the whole point of this Forum is to spark conversation and ideas to improve the server. You've done what not many have: ask questions and get a debate rolling.
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Return to SRRP Clan & Server