Sniper tips

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Sniper tips

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Recently, I've been playing as the sniper a bit more, and as some of you know, I'm absolutely crap at it. If anyone can give me a few tips at getting better, I'll be very grateful. Support gets boring after a while...
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: Sniper tips

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Share with me with what you find out.
I've been playing for years and still stink.
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby Lt.Col.Zeus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Gen.Hannibal wrote:Share with me with what you find out.
I've been playing for years and still stink.

ay haha me too
Lt.Col.Zeus
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:42 pm

I don't by any means thinking I'm an amazing Sniper but it is the class I play the most. Here are a few of my thoughts and how I play:
- Always keep moving. If you are consistently killing people in one area from the same spot, they're going to figure it out. My trick of the trade is to always get a couple kills and move on (get a few kills on 4, move to 5. Get a few kills on 5, move to top, etc.)
- Know when to move to Defense. If you're getting rushed hard core, find a good spot and lay down support for your team to make it into the Tower. Take out enemy snipers, machine guns, and random assaults coming out of water (2nd flag is an ideal spot for this).
- Conceal, conceal, conceal. If they can't see you, they can't shoot you. Never give the enemy's side of the map a chance to get shots off at you. Get your shot in whether you hit or you miss and immediately move to a different spot.
- Practice your no scopes. I know it may seem minor but in the close quarters that is the Tower, you may not have enough time to pull out your pistol if the enemy pops out of nowhere. Trust me, I was horrible at it but after a lot of practice, you'll know the sweet spot (no I don't use an aftermarket marker or cursor on my screen).

That's all I can really think about for now but I'll certainly add more if they come to mind.

Hope this helps and good luck out there!
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Take his advice, he kills me all the time ^
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Pfc.Carnage wrote:Take his advice, he kills me all the time ^

carnage youre an amazing sniper no tips of your own?
Anyway, as a somewhat decent sniper myself, I think I can offer a little advice:
Always keep moving: never stand still (which includes lying down). If you continuously strafe side to side you will be harder to hit.
My other tip is know where the center of your screen is, as you want to scope in already close to your target when going for a speed snipe.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 pm

I'll make a video with my thoughts on sniper class soon™ :)
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Pfc.Carnage wrote:I'll make a video with my thoughts on sniper class soon™ :)

Duet? 8-)
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Return to SRRP Clan & Server