A thought for monthly rankings

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Re: A thought for monthly rankings

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Know wrote:It is a noble idea indeed although I think there are slight issues with it:
1. The system is primarily based off K/D ratio.
2. You can't make flags worth points.
There is a simple solution to all this and that would be to remove the whole point deduction mechanic. That way you can encourage more playtime over a better K/D. You could also post server leaders in points overall along your monthly leaders in points gained. With this system people would have no reason to camp just so they won't die, dying would have no effect on your score, instead you would reward the people who push to get MORE kills which would prob. involve more "dynamic" team gameplay. Its just that simple. :geek:

I appreciate the input but you're over-thinking this very simplistic idea. I think that would be a thought for a separate thread as it would take mass re-vamping by our mods.

To expand on your thought of "people would have no reason to camp just so they won't die", nobody in the top 10 currently does this. I'm coming up to a year of playing on this server and in the entirety of my stay, I've never seen a clan member actually sit in one spot and camp for long periods of time just to get their points up. If anything, I can probably name a few pubs that do.

All of that being said, is there any input from Officers / Generals on possibly implementing this?
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:59 pm

i love this idea. by the way you could do it yourself simp, just make a topic in lounge and check the rankings on the last day of the month.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:16 pm

I think I may, I mean it's already the end of the month. Maybe I'll start tomorrow :thumbup:
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Previous

Return to SRRP Clan & Server