A thought for our Server

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

A thought for our Server

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Good Morning everyone,

I had this thought in my head for a while now and I guess it's the time to share it?

I was wondering if we had any way to implement a Server command to make a knife-only round when allies or axis wins any given round? I've seen this on other servers and honestly, it's quite fun. It's a nice change-up when you've been playing a 45 minute game straight to just have some fun with knives and shovels for a round.

Thoughts? Concerns? Discussion?

Should this be posted to the SRRP Clan & Server portion of the Forums?
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Re: A thought for our Server

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Nah, removes the little chance new players have. The best players know how to use the melees easily, but newbies have no clue. They will be alienated. The divide between better players and newer players will become greater.
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 pm

However a gun game round would probably work
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:47 pm

S/Sgt.Fromage wrote:Nah, removes the little chance new players have. The best players know how to use the melees easily, but newbies have no clue. They will be alienated. The divide between better players and newer players will become greater.

When I was a new player, I was able to use a knife effectively? The only point that could be argued here is water combat. Melee combat is very straight forward, new player or not.

Gun game would not work here. It's a whole other set of plugins which would literally eliminate regular game play. It would be impossible to introduce it for one round then take it out, resuming regular game play.
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am

Is that the length of our Discussion?
Only input from one member? No Officers or Generals care to weigh in?
Glad to see we're checking these forums regularly and participating in discussion.
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 am

I've played on other servers where they've had knives/shovels-only for whichever team wins a few consecutive rounds. I liked it because it keeps people from leaving because their team is getting destroyed and keeps the teams fairly balanced as well.

We've had ideas for mods and additions to the server in the past, like the bones/gore mod or sound effects for deaths, kill streaks etc, that haven't really been viable but if there's one that could work I think this could be it. Cannafix or Connor would need to weigh in about the logistics of implementing if its a possibility but I like the idea; it's a bit lighter and would be a fun alternative to the usual chaos on the server.

2nd.Lt.Simp. wrote:Is that the length of our Discussion?
Only input from one member? No Officers or Generals care to weigh in?
Glad to see we're checking these forums regularly and participating in discussion.

Admittedly, I don't have the time to maintain the kind of forum activity that I did in past years but nonetheless its not good enough on my part and participation in threads that are engaging and involves the clan, such as this one, is important for all members regardless of rank. I certainly haven't been good enough but will make an effort where I can to change that.
Lieutenant General xXHeAdShOtXx
Former Senior Recruiting Officer
Assistant Website Administrator
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Member of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack (2011 - )
SRRP Recruitment (2012 - )
Senior Recruiting Officer (2013 - 2014)
SRRP Assistant Website Administrator (2013 - ) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions about recruitment?

Add me on Steam @
[SRRP]Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx

PM me here:
Lt.Gen.xXHeAdShOtXx
SRRP Senior General

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks for the input Headshot, I'm glad this could possibly be feasible. I don't see it being too big of an implementation but that's a call for the higher ups that get their hands dirty with the day-to-day ops.

That being said, should we have a forum mod move this thread to the SRRP Clan & Server section of the forums to get input from all ranks and members?
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby Cpl.Just a llama » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm

I like the idea, and the knife doesnt require that much of skill lols. Bit will it be like a free for all (with tks) or just with teams?
Cpl.Just a llama
SRRP Enlisted Personnel

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Pfc.Just a llama wrote:I like the idea, and the knife doesnt require that much of skill lols. Bit will it be like a free for all (with tks) or just with teams?

I'd imagine it would be allies vs axis, friendly fire is always on and it would basically be like any other round, but with no guns.
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am

Any of the other Generals care to weigh in? Mainly Cannafix or Connor on if this could be a possible implementation?
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server