SRRP Discord Server?

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

SRRP Discord Server?

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm

I had an idea (after playing a lot of Roblox (as the server's been pretty much dead these last few months) and seeing a lot of groups use Discord) that we could set up a Discord server. It's a free service, you can sort channels (text and speech based) and give people roles, much better than Teamspeak, and a lot more people use Discord than TS nowadays. I think this would be a great addition to the server.
(slow heavy metal music playing)
T/Sgt.Fromage
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Re: SRRP Discord Server?

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:30 pm

What more information can you provide for me?
I do not know what Discord is?
Is it like Teamspeak?
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:30 pm

It's like Teamspeak, but the UI is a lot more user friendly. It offers use of both text-based channels and voice-based channels. It is similar to Skype in that it hosts its own servers, and similar to Teamspeak in that the server admin functions are very similar. In fact, I'm a bit rubbish at explaining this, have a video.
https://youtu.be/aVQyk_GX7aE
The video is over a year old, some things have changed, like described bugs, but the advantages still stand to this day.
T/Sgt.Fromage

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 am

Looks cool, remember the Ventrillo days? Lol
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby 1.st Lt.Carnage » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Duke nuken ventrilo trolls, the best :lol:
But yea, Discord would be a nice addition. I'm currently managing a discord server with 70'ish active people, and it's really easy to use and control. It takes less RAM and CPU to have going than Skype, Teamspeak3 and Mumble.
I think it would be a good addition, as it could be used for meetings, general voice chatting, and also could help for random people playing on the server, who might need help for something.

When im not here in Iceland, i'm online 24/7 on Discord, so it's an easy way to reach me atleast.
They know me as the headshot machine. They know me from the highlight they see. They know me from the matches they watch. They talk about my one taps and they think for me aiming is so easy. I just go into a match and that's it. But my aim, it's comes from more than just a game. For me - aim - it is about precision...
1.st Lt.Carnage
SRRP Officer

Postby 2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 am

Sgt.Carnage wrote:Duke nuken ventrilo trolls, the best :lol:
But yea, Discord would be a nice addition. I'm currently managing a discord server with 70'ish active people, and it's really easy to use and control. It takes less RAM and CPU to have going than Skype, Teamspeak3 and Mumble.
I think it would be a good addition, as it could be used for meetings, general voice chatting, and also could help for random people playing on the server, who might need help for something.

When im not here in Iceland, i'm online 24/7 on Discord, so it's an easy way to reach me atleast.

You've raised some good points. Is it free?
I think it's a great idea to have as people can just be in a channel even if not in game. When people want to play and see the server is empty, they can just log onto Discord and tell everyone to get their ass in game.
2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO)
SRRP Officer

Postby T/Sgt.Fromage » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm

2nd.Lt.Simp. (RO) wrote:Is it free?

Yes
T/Sgt.Fromage

Return to SRRP Clan & Server