Making new SRRP Map

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Re: Making new SRRP Map

Postby Col.Hydra » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Maj.Gen.Asty wrote:
patjeffe wrote:how about a 3 man cap for the top? it would make it more challenging ;)

[sarcasm]

Yeah I know the teamwork is so consistently good now that capping the 2-man top happens far too easily. :roll: :)

[/sarcasm]

I think a better idea would be to have a much slower 1-man cap. However I say this with reluctance because we've already just suffered through the "let's try new maps" idea and our server's popularity went down considerably no matter how good they were. If it wasn't OP, then no one wanted to play. Now we're going to go through this "this time will be different" phase. I think we need to hold off on trying new maps. Our history with new maps has not been good.

People leave SRRP because there is only ONE map.. We'll give it a shot, OP is still there. I'm doing beta testing and will try to get a temp server to test the map on. Then we'll test it on SRRP.
Col.Hydra

Postby Coke » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:09 pm

People leave SRRP because they get talked into it. If we only have one map, then go play in another server. You don't have to tag up with another clan just to play their maps.

We've tried rotation, never worked.
Coke

Postby Col.Hydra » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Brig.Gen.Coke wrote:People leave SRRP because they get talked into it. If we only have one map, then go play in another server. You don't have to tag up with another clan just to play their maps.

We've tried rotation, never worked.

I'm not asking for a rotation, but for a new map. We'll give it a shot.

My question is, do people want a completely new map or just a modified OP..
Col.Hydra

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:11 pm

better to try a new one, or not similar since v3_op is THE map and sniperkillz tried making it better but you know how that turned out.
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 pm

While I'm generally a 4 towers fan, I would wonder what that map would be like with a 2 man center cap and a one man or two man flag on the 2 non spawn tower roofs or basements. Or if one really wanted to be a jerk, BEHIND the non-spawn towers. Too bad I suck at map making since worldcraft, otherwise I'd've done it.
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby Col.Hydra » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm

2ndLt.Nameless Hobo wrote:While I'm generally a 4 towers fan, I would wonder what that map would be like with a 2 man center cap and a one man or two man flag on the 2 non spawn tower roofs or basements. Or if one really wanted to be a jerk, BEHIND the non-spawn towers. Too bad I suck at map making since worldcraft, otherwise I'd've done it.

Well yea, my main goal is to keep a fire fight going every second, like once you get in the middle of the map, you are guaranteed to see/kill someone. Camping is going to be hard, but I will put 1 spot or 2. And a glitch for myself :twisted: (jk)
Col.Hydra

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

always gotta have that backdoor by the designer
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby Col.Hydra » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey, how does it sound having a teleport?
Col.Hydra

Postby Maj.Nameless Hobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

like battle creek?
Maj.Nameless Hobo

Postby Col.Hydra » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 am

Similar, I'll figure it out. It would just be a quick shortcut to get to 3rd floor than going up the ladder but you would risk being killed easily.
Col.Hydra

PreviousNext

Return to SRRP Clan & Server