Battlefield 3 review

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Re: Battlefield 3 review

Postby Scarab » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:02 am

Completely agree, Battlefield 3 looks gorgeous on the pc. The multiplayer looks very solid (except for the caterpillars lying in bushes all day) Campaign story is pretty good, Campaign gameplay is absolutely astonishing especially the part where you fly a jet.
I understand that modern warfare 3 is liked more by some people (the fast paced gameplay which I like too.) but it's graphics are terribly outdated they look exactly like the previous modern warfare. Might as well be a DLC for mw2.

Scarab

Postby Sgt.HaMmEr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 am

yeah the only thing that sucks about it is you need widows vista or newer to run it. im still on windows xp and dont have the money for the upgrade to widows 7 or a new video card. as far as a chat system the preferred system is ventrilo. crystal clear without any system lag whats so ever and if your playing with a team or clan the only ppl who hear you is your squad. im hoping in the spring i can get the necessary equipment and software cause i loved bf2:bc2, by far superior to black ops as far as war realistics.
Sgt.HaMmEr
SRRP Officer

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Haven't played it yet cause the company packed it today. Don't know if they actually shipped it.
Last edited by Brig.Gen.X-Mas on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRRP General

Postby Sgt.HaMmEr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:03 pm

the way i see it is if your are going to make a product then back it regardless of age. the only reason they are gonna stop support is so ppl will have to buy a new os. i am very happy with xp ive had no issues with it. on the other hand i have heard nothing but bad about vista which was a rushed product. the xp os is a very good and stable one and if bill gates wanted to he could patch it to run dx 10 or better he just wont because he wont make any more money. i could technically run bf3 on my 220gt if xp supported dx 10 which is the only requirement the game has that visa or w7 has. its all about the green with rich folks.
On another not bill gates is trying to make a new os already that works off of a cloud system to where you wont need a hard drive anymore cause all your stuff will be saved on a cloud server. also this new crappy os will also only be able to run off of the internet so if you dont have internet then your screwed. supposedly its so they can eliminate piracy. so how long till you think they dont support w7 or vista after that. he will have access to everyones files at the palm of his hand. no privacy from him or anyone he lets view your personal files.
Sgt.HaMmEr
SRRP Officer

Postby Taintedwisp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm

The problem is not that XP is old, Vista and Win 7 same the same registry for the most part, Thats probably why XP is not supported, Plus Top of the line computers that came out with Windows XP is lower then Low class computers with vista or win 7.
Taintedwisp, I'm back Baby!

Snipe me?
Get PiMp SlApPeD!!!
Taintedwisp

Postby devildog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Ventrilo is great. I'm friends with the owner/creator of it.
devildog

Return to The Lounge