Vote a Map Out

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Which Map Should be Removed from the Rotation Next Week?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Castle Assault
10%
Tower, V5
20%
Textured_Towers
70%

Total votes : 10

Vote a Map Out

Postby King Obama » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Now voting for the week of January 25, 2014. Which map will be removed from the rotation?

______

Last week, the people chose to remove Indoor Rawk from the rotation. Indoor Rawk can always be voted back in by the Vote a Map In thread.

Every week, we will be voting to remove one of the three maps other than our signature Tower V3 from the server rotation. The purpose of this thread is to decide which map is to be removed. The map that is removed will be replaced by whichever map wins the poll in the Vote a Map In thread.

The poll runs for one week. At the end of the week, a new poll will begin for the following week.

Whichever map has the most votes in this poll by 12:00 AM EST Saturday, January 4, 2014 will be removed from the server on that date.

NOTE: This is not a permanent removal. Any map that his voted out can always be voted back in if it wins the poll in the Vote a Map In thread.
Last edited by King Obama on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 23 times in total.
This is me.
King Obama

Re: The Weakest Map of the Week

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:18 pm

So whatever is taken out gets replaced by the other thread correct?
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Re: The Weakest Map of the Week

Postby King Obama » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Col.Greenwood(RO) wrote:So whatever is taken out gets replaced by the other thread correct?

Yes.
This is me.
King Obama

Re: Vote a Map Out *PLEASE RE-VOTE*

Postby Col. Communicator » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:09 pm

I also think there should be a message on the Introduction page when the server is joined for the Twin Tower map is being played. No player is allowed on either spawn roofs due to the glitch. You will be warned once and then kicked. Or it will result in player being immediately kicked. Just a thought.
" What we've got here is failure to communicate"
Col. Communicator
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I strongly agree with that Communicator, So many people go on it without knowing.
Major General Greenwood
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:03 pm

shouldn't need it, it says in the server rules no Glitching/Exploits or Cheating.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah but I don't think it really specifies because people do it all the time. They figure since they do it on other maps they're aloud to on that map.
Major General Greenwood
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Col.Dark » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Personally, I would be more inclined to kick/ban a pub that is actively exploiting the map while on top of spawn, than someone who is, say, prone on top of spawn, at the front. I draw a distinction between the 'exploit' and simply being on top of the spawn; the behavior we see in any other map we have. Am I missing something?
Colonel Dark
Recruiting Officer

Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member 2013-Current
SRRP Recruitment 2013-Current
Col.Dark
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Cannafix » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:10 am

why not just fix the glitch? adrenalie knows how to make maps he can make a fix?
Gen.Cannafix
SRRP General

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am

Brig.Gen. Communicator wrote:I also think there should be a message on the Introduction page when the server is joined for the Twin Tower map is being played. No player is allowed on either spawn roofs due to the glitch. You will be warned once and then kicked. Or it will result in player being immediately kicked. Just a thought.

Maj.Dark (RO) wrote:Personally, I would be more inclined to kick/ban a pub that is actively exploiting the map while on top of spawn, than someone who is, say, prone on top of spawn, at the front. I draw a distinction between the 'exploit' and simply being on top of the spawn; the behavior we see in any other map we have. Am I missing something?

When i play on this map, I love going on top of the enemy spawn just as I would do on v3. I do not take advantage of the glitch, not that it would be effective because i am looking at my own side if I use it, so in my mind, it is not illegal to be on top of the enemy spawn.
Generally, I consider being on top of spawn illegal, but I have learned (and used) that if you are prone on the back corner of your spawn roof (you cannot exploit the glitch this way) you can shoot people at the top of the towers.
Also, as Mogly often does, I do not consider sitting on top of spawn with a rocket too much of a problem as you cannot use the glitch and it is just like doing it on the regular map.
Hope these thoughts were helpful. But I understand it could be annoying to enforce the legal use of the friendly spawn roof.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server