Working on a map

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Working on a map

Postby 2nd. Lt.jasonbourne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm

With some help from Lt.Gen.Adrenaline I am attempting to create a map for DOD:S...

I hope to have a playable map in the next month or two.

Any ideas as to what you guys would like to see?
2nd. Lt.jasonbourne
SRRP Officer

Re: Working on a map

Postby Gen.Werewolf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:22 pm

More cowbell.
General Werewolf
Gen.Werewolf
SRRP Senior General

Postby Gen.Werewolf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Seriously, I like maps with water features and tunnels and bridges to defend. Anzio is a good example. Allied spawn on beach is too far away on Anzio, so any map needs to have respawns with proximity to action, but not close enough to get camped. Sniper towers are always good to have, can even have a flag in sniper tower, like our Tower Textured map.

The textured maps are a nice change up from orange, of course.

Teleporters out of spawn can eliminate getting camped.
General Werewolf
Gen.Werewolf
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Werewolf wrote:Seriously, I like maps with water features and tunnels and bridges to defend. Anzio is a good example. Allied spawn on beach is too far away on Anzio, so any map needs to have respawns with proximity to action, but not close enough to get camped. Sniper towers are always good to have, can even have a flag in sniper tower, like our Tower Textured map.

The textured maps are a nice change up from orange, of course.

Teleporters out of spawn can eliminate getting camped.

i agree, anzio is a fun map. it is also good for a map to have multiple spots to fight in, like rawk, instead of the ultra focus on the tower in the maps we have.
either way, i look forward to seeing ur new map.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:43 am

2nd Lt.Il*Duce wrote:
i agree, anzio is a fun map. it is also good for a map to have multiple spots to fight in, like rawk, instead of the ultra focus on the tower in the maps we have.
either way, i look forward to seeing ur new map.

Yeah, anzio is my fav map considering the custom ones! I would also like to see a bombing spot again. Like jagd where you need to blow things up to capture the point. Or even a combination of both, that would be perfect in my eyes! Cap some flags and blow up 2-3 areas!

I would try to do such a map myself, if I knew how and had a little more time xD
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby 2nd. Lt.jasonbourne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:23 pm

I have decide to do something that hits home for me for my first map, since I go to a school centered around aviation. I am doing 2 terminals at an airport, that will be facing each other. Both will have baggage conveyors (non-moving) that lead to second level of terminal at one end, and a ramp at the other (possibly some ladders in between). Also, I am debating putting a sniper tower above each terminal. Between to the terminals, I am making a plane that will have a main deck with windows, cockpit, as well as baggage hold spaces to fight in. On the ground between the terminals, there will be fuel trucks, ramp trucks to get into the plane, and baggage trucks (with trailers) to provide cover while rushing the enemy's terminal.... there will be 2 flags in each terminal, and 1 flag in the plane; maybe in the baggage hold, maybe on the main deck (not sure yet).
2nd. Lt.jasonbourne
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker wrote:
2nd Lt.Il*Duce wrote:Yeah, anzio is my fav map considering the custom ones! I would also like to see a bombing spot again. Like jagd where you need to blow things up to capture the point. Or even a combination of both, that would be perfect in my eyes! Cap some flags and blow up 2-3 areas!

I would try to do such a map myself, if I knew how and had a little more time xD

Ya, I really liked one demolition maps too, but its been awhile since I've played one.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 pm

2nd. Lt.jasonbourne wrote:I have decide to do something that hits home for me for my first map, since I go to a school centered around aviation. I am doing 2 terminals at an airport, that will be facing each other. Both will have baggage conveyors (non-moving) that lead to second level of terminal at one end, and a ramp at the other (possibly some ladders in between). Also, I am debating putting a sniper tower above each terminal. Between to the terminals, I am making a plane that will have a main deck with windows, cockpit, as well as baggage hold spaces to fight in. On the ground between the terminals, there will be fuel trucks, ramp trucks to get into the plane, and baggage trucks (with trailers) to provide cover while rushing the enemy's terminal.... there will be 2 flags in each terminal, and 1 flag in the plane; maybe in the baggage hold, maybe on the main deck (not sure yet).

Put some exploding barrels in there too by the fuel trucks. BOOM! :lol:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby 2nd. Lt.jasonbourne » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Ill work those in :D
2nd. Lt.jasonbourne
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 pm

looking forward to seeing the new map. any chance u could post a few screen shots? it fine if u dont
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server