A Minor Concern

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

A Minor Concern

Postby General Birthday Cake » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:29 am

I just have a minor concern. Before I mention anything I'd like to say that i'm not accusing anyone nor fussing. I'm simpling only trying to say this may help keep people playing longer.

When the teams become "unfair" (skill wise), we all can agree that the game goes pretty quickly, seeing one team rack up point, and the other team seeing people come and go. Their are times, however, that the teams, usually when being pinned down in spawn, become uneven (number wise). Then the usually happens, an admin say," Even the teams." or " anyone want to go to [Axis/Allies]?" After about say...a minute, the admin moves someone over. The problem is, that person is usually at the bottom of the list, meaning that person either just recently join (1), or is not as good as other (2). In this case, I ask what's the point? what is a guy/girl going to do, if they are new to the game, yet , is pinned down in spawn? nothing. the only thing their going to do is die a lot, leave, or think to themselves, " this game is stupid." (it's not, but we can all admit when were not good at a game, you probably mumble to yourself that it's dumb, to make you feel better)

What if, instead, you sent someone over who actually knew what they were doing? i'm not saying i'm perfect, but, for example, say instead of sending a (what people call new players) "noob" and send over someone who may be able to actually get the other team out of spawn. Now you probably know where i'm going with this. If, when the teams are "uneven" (skill wise) you sent over someone better (probably not on the bottom) to the opposite team, this would do numerous things.

1. Have a better chance of getting the opposite team out of spawn.
2. Make it more challenging for both teams.
3. possibly even help the other "newbies" get better.

I know this issue was probably addressed numerous times before, but all i'm trying to say here is when it comes to sending a person who is 5:21 to a team who needs help in getting out of spawn is not going to do anything. Yes most of us care about our ranks or making sure that are kills are higher than are deaths, but shouldn't the main thing for SRRP members is to make sure that the "guests" that come onto the server keep coming back?

If this post is read and is basically ignored. I want every SRRP member to know that you see me on, and I'm on the team that is winning, and their trapped in spawn, or doing terrible, and the teams are uneven. Don't switch the bottom player. Just say "Hey General, can you go over to even the "fairness"." or something like that. We all can agree I have some skill. So please. Think about it. If your an SRRP member or even a non-member and your good, go over. Help the team get out or bring a challenge to the opposite team. What better way to challenge your skills, then learn how to defeat good players. That's how I got good. I pay attention to the way people move. It's why (I know I wouldn't use names, but I'm not being rude to these two members at all) I have a hard time killing Headshot, but I'm pretty good at killing Frank and Beans. I memorize their moves and figure out where their going to be. So what better way to do that then going against them.

One last thing. I just want to make it clear, I'm not complaining about anything. If it sounds like that than I apologize, but all I'm trying to do is give a small concern that I see.
General Birthday Cake

Re: A Minor Concern

Postby Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:15 pm

This has come up multiple times , you'll always have some members and pubs that'll go over to the losing team , though you'll always have people who'll stay on the winning team.

Thank you for posting your concern , thanks for joining the "Less skillful " team as well it's very appreciated.
Major General Greenwood
Senior Recruiting Officer
___________________________________________________________________________________
Swamp Rat's Rat Pack Member; 2009 - Current
SRRP Recruitment; 2011 - Current
SRRP SRO; 2014 - Current
SRRP General; 2014 - Current
___________________________________________________________________________________
Want to join the scrim team? PM Me.
Maj.Gen.Greenwood (SRO)
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:47 pm

First of all, thanks a lot for your feedback Birthday Cake.
I understand your view and appreciate your fairness. I don't want to add much to it, I have a similar opinion to sticking teams.
And especially the point you mentioned with knowing the moves of your enemies: after playing several years on the server you just get to know every move by heart =D

A little correction:
General Birthday Cake wrote:After about say...a minute, the admin moves someone over. The problem is, that person is usually at the bottom of the list, meaning that person either just recently join (1), or is not as good as other (2).

Your second point should not refer to 'being good'. Being the last on the list only means, that you did not cap any flags yet. If you cap flags, you will move up the list automatically. A solution to not getting moved by admins is capping more flags than the one above you on the list.
Maj.Gen.NeckBBreaker
SRRP General

Postby 2nd Lt.East-Raven » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Every time a switch a good player to the loosing team the player quit because he dont want to being rape. And dont worry if the team are uneven ill switch!
[SRRP]2nd Lt.East-Raven (RO)
2nd Lt.East-Raven
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Hannibal » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:41 pm

I disagree.
There is always a winner and a loser team. I can tell you that I have been on a dominating team and in a matter of minutes it will change and be the dominated team. Even when the teams are a little lop-sided I don't immediately ask anyone to switch because there is a revolving door always moving and usually the teams will balance on their own even if no one volunteers to move. If we moved players every time the teams are uneven we'd never get a chance to play ourselves.
If players get ticked off because they are losing so be it. If we start moving players around every time the teams are off then everyone will be ticked off.
I wish I had a better answer for your post but this is pretty much how it works in any competitive game.
Gen.Hannibal
SRRP Senior General

Postby General Birthday Cake » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 am

I appreciate your honesty Hannibal. Disagree or agree it doesn't matter. And your answer is fine. nothing is wrong with it. I understand what your talking about. Sometimes they do...well a good about of the time they do even out themselves. And not everyone will agree with the same thing, but I do appreciate your time to read my concern and to take the effort to respond.
General Birthday Cake

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:13 pm

This is why I usually play Axis. It's usually the losing team that needs the help.

But now that you've brought it up I'll change you over to Axis and make you my human shield whenever you come on if you want. :twisted:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Bacfire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Hannibal is pretty right, one team has to lose, the point of the game is not to go in a stalemate where nothing happen because both side are always balanced. Sometimes, someone has to be stomped.

That being said.I usually try to go on the losing team whenever i can to balance teams out...especially when i can go against Raven, i just love pissing on his parade once in a while....and he love to do the same to me so!
Bacfire
SRRP Non-Commissioned Officer

Postby General Birthday Cake » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:34 am

Hahaha thanks Asty :) glad to be a help for something :P

And for everyone else. thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your time to write something.
General Birthday Cake

Postby Col.Il*Duce » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 am

for the most part, i agree with you birthday and i almost always switch teams after a lopsided round is won. but there is validity in what hannibal said, the teams do usually even themselves and a team does usually get out of spawn trap.
Col.Il*Duce
SRRP Officer

Return to SRRP Clan & Server