WWII Memorabilia

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

WWII Memorabilia

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 pm

I am a colector of World War II Memorabilia, and try to learn as much as I can about it. (Note: About half these Items were passed down in the family, or found my Uncle in Oregon, or from a Pawn Shop localy.) Not sure if you guys collector or even have interest in it, But if you do please read this and post Pics of yours! :) I have already signed up for Military History and WWII/Cold War history for my Junior year in High school. My uncle is Polish, he is an oral surgeon, but is also a WWII history buff. My other Uncle, who lives out West, loves to wander around in Pawn shops and we can found many amazing collectables, such as a p-38 and it has all matching serial numbers, except the magazine. My father and I have collected multiple WWII era weapons: M1 garand, C-96 broomhandle, P-38, Luger P08, and Colt 1911 45.acp from a Naval Officer who died recently in our town, and His son sold it to us. We also have collected many Nazi pins and a few knives. A Nazi Officer's dress dagger, and a Hitler youth knife. I have a British Helmet, and an American Helmet with the Captains Bars on it. I also have my grandfather's war card and his Captains Bars. My family traveled to France last summer, and I was able to get a cup of sand from Omaha beach, also found and bought a few shell casings and a peice of an MG Belt, A nazi flag I think it might be like 6x8 or 12x8 Something similar though, a pouch for a German Rifleman to hold about 12 stripper clips of ammo. A few dress tie clips, and my Dad's favorite...SS Cufflinks... also a few badges and another part of an Officers dress, not sure what it is but i will post a pic of it. That is about all i can think of so yup...take a gander at some of the pics if you want.

Hope to see some of your guys memorabilia as well!

Also to add another iteresting story: My step grandfather joined the Army and took place in D-Day, fought the war untill the very end, Many of the married men went home toward the end of the war, and he had a field promotion to 2nd. Lt. during the Battle of the Bulge at age 19, He just told his family this story about a year ago, Well he had been on patrol in the snowy forest, and the next day, a German Unit had surrended to them, and the officer came forward and gave him his Luger and said, That he had seen him yesterday, He said that he had his sights on him, and he was going to kill him and the patrol simultaneously, but he said he didn't shoot and he asked why, and He said he didn't feel like killing a boy. He confirmed that he was partoling where the German officer had said, and just told his family this story the Summer of 2010. He is still alive and living on a farm up North. I just thought that was an interesting story.

Also feel free to share any story's or interesting things below !
|
|
|
V
Attachments
ww2 stuff.JPG
(74.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ww2 stuff prt2.JPG
(150.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ww2 stuff prt 3.JPG
(114.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ww2 stuff part 4.JPG
(131.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ww2 helmets +ammo.JPG
(108.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Re: WWII Memorabilia

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:05 pm

I have sand from Juno beach sitting in front of me. Meant a lot to walk down that beach and know that so many troops died that day, it was just dumbfounding.

Also that 1911 is operational right? Can we get a close up?
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 pm

I have walked on Juno, Sword, and Omaha, only have sand from Omaha though. It was very striking, especially the Canadian cemetary and American Cemetary. 1911:Yes it is, but obviously I don't want to shoot it, or it will be devalued. here are some up close pics of it. Hope you enjoy
Attachments
Colt 1911 Navy 2.JPG
(84.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Colt 1911 Navy.JPG
(80.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 pm

But it deserves to shoot, it shot Germans! At least let it rip paper every so often.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 am

Ehhh, It was a Naval officers, He said that he only fired it three times off the back of this ship, and It is already in good condition so dont wana devalue it.
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.Jersey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 am

It's already been fired; shooting it occasionally isn't going to devalue it.

Of course, since it is easy to pick up a lightly-used 1911 for not that much money, you could always go that route (if you haven't already).
General Jersey
SRRP Website Designer and Administrator

Please let me know if you have any issues, questions,
or comments about the SRRP website and server.

Add me on Steam @ [SRRP]Gen.Jersey

PM me here:

Looking to buy a real gun?

Check out WhichGun.com, my firearms reference site and buying guide.
Gen.Jersey
SRRP Senior General

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 pm

The family armory appears to hold several varieties of 1911 at Supa Legit's house.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Peiper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

i am also a ww2 collector, only german related item tho. i am also a ww2 reeactor on the german side, i too have been collecting for 9 years, you have some nice stuff dude.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.
Peiper

Postby Col.Supa L3git » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Post a pic or something, I bet it's awesome coming from a WWII renactor! :D
Col. Supa L3git
The Scopless Sniper.
Member Since 01/01/10
Col.Supa L3git
SRRP Officer

Postby Peiper » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm

i dont know how to, to be honest, if i would i could because i got a lot of stuff.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.
Peiper

Next

Return to The Lounge