Making new SRRP Map

A place to post your thoughts concerning SRRP and our server.

Making new SRRP Map

Postby Col.Hydra » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

I've started already on our new SRRP map, I'm asking you to let me know what you would like in the map.

So far,

Map will consist of a new type of spawn, with a underground tunnel to the Underground Flag(read below), and a similar tower as our current one but will make it much more easier to get up there and easier to die when up there. My Objective with the tower is to make it fair for both teams, Allies can't shoot rifle grenades up the tower but Axis can. That will be fixed. More Ladders, more pathways but I'm trying to keep the map size the same or smaller. Don't want it to be Battlefield 3 because sometimes we are low on Players and they'll lose interest running miles to kill a player. Layout of map will also be different, instead of coming out and making a left, you will be playing at a Diagonal angle. Underground will have a shortcut to the 3rd floor. 2nd Floor will be extended. And Ground Floor will have small passages to shoot Rockets through, and Rocket path will lead directly where enemies may come up the ramp.(I may do this, depends if you all like it. Objective of this is to keep Teammates and Rockets away from each other.) Remember how people jump on top of your spawn? You can see them but may not kill them through the glass window, regardless of weapon. And only way to see them is if you are all the way in the corner of the map. So you can't peek and then prime your grenade to kill them, you won't have the time because by the time you leave your spawn it will explode. I put a sandbag near spawn for MG's to protect the water area. Axis's water will be by their 2nd flag ladder and Allies water will be by their 2nd flag ladder.

• Flags - 6 Total
    • Spawn Flag - 1 Player to capture
    • Side Flag - 1 Player to capture
    • Underground Flag - 1 Player to capture
    • Tower Flag - 2 Players to capture

What I want from You:
I need Ideas, Suggestions, and anything you'd think would help me make the next best map.

I'm not as good as our old Map Editor, but I will improve and one advantage is that I can create new textures, and these new textures are already being created by me. You will see some in the new map, and most in v2(if there is, hopefully.)

Also, do you guys want to keep the "orange" textures or would you like something more new?
Col.Hydra

Re: Making new SRRP Map

Postby Coke » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:49 pm

We've been known for orange maps, so I would consider staying orange.

Your call though.
Coke

Postby Col.Hydra » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:04 am

Col.Coke wrote:We've been known for orange maps, so I would consider staying orange.

Your call though.

True, I'll keep it orange, but I will be adding new textures. We'll see how it goes. There's always a V2,etc.
Col.Hydra

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:46 am

Allies can actually shoot rifle nades to the top of the tower, it's more effective than the way axis do but I won't tell how to do it.
SRRP General

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:01 pm

you dont have the stay on the orange texture. it just needs to be a simple color texture that wont cause visual lag on people while playing. most people play the simple textured maps cause the stock maps are too laggy for them.
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Col.Hydra » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Ok, what do you guys think of this:

Allies side will have a green texture and Axis side will have a red texture. Or would you rather have it one texture. I was planning on making it orange but with a few new textures of my own. Flag, HUD Flag, Water, Ladders will have new textures. I am planning on having this done in 1 to 2 weeks. I'm half way done with one of the spawns. Tower I may copy from the old one and remodel it.
Col.Hydra

Postby Brig.Gen.X-Mas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:10 pm

They should have the same colors on both sides since it might give one side an advantage if they maybe blend in with the background and the other team is more visible.
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm

how about a 3 man cap for the top? it would make it more challenging ;)
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Brig.Gen.X-Mas wrote:but I won't tell how to do it.

Ok I guess we have to get the waterboard out! :twisted:
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.Asty » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:45 pm

patjeffe wrote:how about a 3 man cap for the top? it would make it more challenging ;)

[sarcasm]

Yeah I know the teamwork is so consistently good now that capping the 2-man top happens far too easily. :roll: :)

[/sarcasm]

I think a better idea would be to have a much slower 1-man cap. However I say this with reluctance because we've already just suffered through the "let's try new maps" idea and our server's popularity went down considerably no matter how good they were. If it wasn't OP, then no one wanted to play. Now we're going to go through this "this time will be different" phase. I think we need to hold off on trying new maps. Our history with new maps has not been good.
[SRRP]Maj.Gen.Asty
Maj.Gen.Asty
SRRP General

Next

Return to SRRP Clan & Server