MW3 | Proficiencies Guide | All Weapons

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

MW3 | Proficiencies Guide | All Weapons

Postby Col.Hydra » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I have seen so many people saying Kick, Kick, Kick, Kick, and that's all I'm reading. I'm tired of this, because all you care about is recoil and kick, and that shouldn't be the case. I'm going to list you all the guns that need Kick and other Proficiencies. Some don't need kick, some do. This guide will be on what's needed, and the difference with Kick, and a little of "which perk to use" type of thing. Categorized by Weapon Category, and listed in a easy to read way. Enjoy reading!
PS: This is my opinion and view, some of you may disagree, no need to argue about it.

• Assault Rifles
    • M4A1
      • M4 + Kick has a medium difference in recoil, and you can use it but it isn't needed IMHO. Use either Focus or Impact, remember, M4A1 shoots bullets like a machine gun, it's fire rate is high, so you should have ext. mags and scavenger so you don't have to reload too often + don't run out of ammo.
    • M16A4
      • M16 + Kick has a medium difference just as M4, but it's a 3 round burst, so you DO NOT NEED kick on it, maybe if you have Rapid Fire fine, else don't need it. The M16, MK14, and Type 95 are single/burst weapons which I find pointless using the Kick on them.
    • SCAR-L
      • Scar + Kick has a large difference in recoil, and I suggest you use Kick with this bad boy. If you want a better accuracy, slap on Kick and Suppressor with it. Scar is a powerful gun, but with being powerful, you get a bigger recoil, so I highly suggest using Kick on it.
    • CM901
      • CM901 + Kick has a medium difference, just like M4 and M16. I personally don't use kick but use Focus on it. Here is where it gets opinion wise, where it's your word against mine, so it truly is up to you but the CM901's recoil isn't too bad.
    • TYPE 95
      • Type + Kick has a medium difference in recoil. But, just like the M16, there is NO point of using Kick on this gun. Tho, some may disagree with me, because the Type 95 has a fast fire rate, so you can use it if your the person who adds Rapid Fire and just dominates everyone, so I would use Kick only if I have Rapid Fire on it. 
    • G36C
      • G36C + Kick has very little to no difference in recoil. This is where it gets funny, Kick has no effect on the G36C, because sooner or later the gun will be pointing on top of your target instead of on your target. It's recoil goes straight up, so aim low and use focus or impact, because kick doesn't help you at all! 
    • ACR 6.8
      • ACR + Kick has a large difference, yes a large difference. It's interesting how the ACR, known for great accuracy will have a difference like this. I personally don't use Kick on the ACR, all my ACR classes consist of Impact or Attachments. I suggest you don't use Kick unless you have bad aim.
    • MK14
      • MK14 + Kick has little to no difference in recoil. Same as the Type 95 and M16, not needed in my honest opinion. I use Attachments on this because Impact isn't needed due to it's strong damage already, and focus isn't needed either, I usually use Steady Aim Pro with it.
    • AK-47
      • AK-47 + Kick has little to no difference in recoil too! I haven't used the AK much but from my experience with it, kick is a waste. I suggest you use either Breath(If your the camping type), Impact(If your the Hunter Type) or Focus(If your the rushing type).
    • FAD
      • FAD + Kick has medium difference in it's recoil. I, till now, have only used the FAD three times. I use Kick on this, because it's recoil "path" is horrible. It goes everywhere and you will miss most of your long range shots. So I would suggest using Kick on this.

• Sub Machine Guns
    • MP5
      • MP5 + Kick has medium difference in recoil. I highly suggest using Kick and maybe even silencer to calm this bad boy down. MP5 shoots everywhere, and isn't precise at all. I would either use Kick, or maybe even Range so when you miss, your other bullets that hit do same damage as a close combat fight and you kill your enemy before he kills you.
    • UMP45
      • UMP45 + Kick has medium difference in it's recoil. I personally don't use Kick but more of Range or Melee. UMP has a precise recoil "path" and that's what's great about it. I suggest you use Range because SMG's are hard to use in Long Range Combat, and Range will save your life, but you can also use Kick if you truly want to. Both are good as long as you can get kills.
    • PP90M1
      • PP90M1 + Kick has a medium difference in recoil. Kick would be needed, especially when you have Rapid Fire on. I personally use Rapid Fire + Kick + Scavenger, but also Range + Silencer, so I can kill long range with a good accuracy, but also kill enemies in Close Combat fights much faster with good accuracy. So Range or Kick it is!
    • P90
      • P90 + Kick has a medium difference in it's recoil. P90 is a good gun, and I usually use silencer or ext. mags on it. I prefer using kick on the P90, it's just in my favor. Much better because it as a good amount of range and anything else is a waste in my opinion. You could use Focus tho, because this is actually helpful in situations when you turn a corner and a enemy is there.
    • PM-9
      • PM-9 + Kick has a little to no difference in recoil. The PM9 is a good and fun-to-use SMG and is small and mobile enough to rush your enemies faster than your other weapons. I use either Range or Focus on the PM9. Range is probably more needed, because the range on it is pretty low, meaning if you are in a Medium-Long range fight, you most likely will lose. Focus is mainly for the players who rush in Demolition or Search & Destroy or Domination, and all the other Objective Modes.
    • MP7
      • MP7 + Kick has little to no difference too! It's an amazing weapon that may be called OP'ed, because it's recoil is low, accuracy and precision is amazing for a SMG, and shoots fast enough to tear your enemy apart in seconds! I would highly suggest using Focus or Melee because Close Combats is a big deal with this weapon.

• Light Machine Guns
    • No need to make a list, as most of the LMG's are similar in Recoil and such. I will say this now, pretty obvious, but you should use either Kick or Attachments. So that's all for LMG's, because there is nothing more to say besides use Kick for an increase in Accuracy and a reduced recoil.

• Sniper Rifles
    • Sniper Rifles are also pretty simple, and similar to each other, so no need for a list. I suggest you use Stability(if you hardscope or scope the whole time), Speed(if you quickscope or snipe like a #BOSS), or Impact(if you want to kill enemies through walls with less bullets). Pretty simple and basic, and you should know this as a MW3 Sniper.

• Shotguns
    • Shotguns, the powerful weapons that are close range to mid-medium range. I suggest you use Damage, once you unlock it, Speed, or Melee. Kick isn't needed, it's a shotgun so it's bursting shells out at your enemies. Self explanatory, so have fun killing n00bs with a Striker + Damage.

That's all for this guide, as you may have noticed, I also talked about perks, but not for everything. Below, you can see what each proficiency does and what weapon can use it. Hope you enjoyed this guide, and helps you in the future!

Credits:
TmarTn - For Recoil Differences
CoD Wikia - For Info on Proficiencies, also for list of Proficiencies(image) posted above
TheModernWarfare3 - List of Weapons and Stats
Col.Hydra

Re: MW3 | Proficiencies Guide | All Weapons

Postby Peiper » Sat May 05, 2012 6:56 am

what i like about (failarch) aka treyarch, and actevision. is that they don't know jack crap about how these military grade rifles work, i fired most of these guns and they are nothing like they are in the game.

the m4 i use in the military has hardly any recoil at all, and the ak has a bit of recoil but it wont affect you if you know how to handle it.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.
Peiper

Postby Col.Hydra » Sat May 05, 2012 1:06 pm

It's a Game, want it to be realistic go play BF3, on the other hand, did you see the Black Ops 2 Trailer? It's Insanely Futurisitic. Good and Bad.. but yea.
Col.Hydra

Postby FlorLind » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Thank you for sharing.you are right ,I learn so much after reading
FlorLind

Postby Jistuason » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Sniper Rifles are also pretty simple, and similar to each other, so no need for a list. I suggest you use Stability(if you hardscope or scope the whole time), Speed(if you quickscope or snipe like a #BOSS), or Impact(if you want to kill enemies through walls with less bullets). Pretty simple and basic, and you should know this as a MW3 Sniper.

For me this is the best weapons to use. i really like to handle a sniper rifle for any game..
Jistuason

Return to The Lounge