Canada

Sit back, relax, and enjoy friendly discussions with other users of the SRRP forums. Non-clan-related topics only, anything to do with the clan goes in the SRRP Clan & Server section.

Canada

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Looking for information about Canabogie. Anyone live near there?
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Re: Canada

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Thu May 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Where about in the great white north are you interested in? Im near toronto here, Pats in Ottawawawa I think, and Theres a few people from out west too.
Last edited by Col.Brandon_ha on Fri May 18, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby Gen.ConnorMacManus » Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm

do you mean Calabogie Peaks Resort? thats in ontario, other side of the country from me :P
General Connor MacManus
Second in Command of Swamp Rat's Rat Pack.
Gen.ConnorMacManus

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 am

Hey All, I think I got a message before about whether or not I lived in Ottawa, I got it a lot later and Swamp you were offline. I live in ottawa and go up to the calabogie hills about once a month for trap & skeet shooting. Beautiful area for southern Ontario, lot's of streams and nice people. It ain't BC mountains or nothing but pretty close to one of the nicest areas around here. Whats the interest? They have a few camp areas, decent sized lake for fishing (pike/walleye/bass), lots of trails for atv or dirtbike and my fave, sand pits for blowing the hell out of garbage with a variety of large bore rifles ;)
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby Col.Brandon_ha » Thu May 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Sigh... No gravel pits where I live now, but you can't bring out anything too fun to the pits anyways. Mississauga needs a restricted pistol and rifle range.
Col.Brandon_ha
SRRP Officer

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Thu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Will be going to Calabogie Peaks Resort. Is it near anything of interest? How about restaurants?
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 pm

The resort is nice, lots of golf and the country things I already mentioned. Nothing spectacular for dining that I can think of other than the resort. Head down calabogie road a bit to shooter's grill for the decent pub fare but not sure of much else
, you are kinda out in the sticks a bit. Ottawa is about 1.5 hours away by car but Arnprior is closer (~1hr) with some decent places in all likelyhood. There might be some locally caught treasures (deer/bear/turkey/mystery meat) but I'd have to look into it.
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby Maj.Gen.patjeffe » Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 pm

btw when you heading up there?
Maj.Gen.patjeffe
SRRP General

Postby GOA.SWAMP RAT » Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Be getting there on the 21st of July for 1 week. Are there any ranges where we could go shooting? Sporting clays?
GOA.SWAMP RAT
SRRP Senior General

Postby Taintedwisp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Its canada, Though im probably wrong, I have heard that getting a gun permit is very hard over there.
Taintedwisp, I'm back Baby!

Snipe me?
Get PiMp SlApPeD!!!
Taintedwisp

Next

Return to The Lounge